Optics on an M4? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I may have lost some of our conversation over the years as to whether he was a "hog" or a "pig". He was not school trained and told me that his sniper platoon really had no intentions to hurry him off to school. He was a solid Marine and with the cost of school and the operations tempo they simply couldnt afford to lose him or those like him. He already had a deployment or two under his belt with the platoon so the consensus he told me was that the amount gained by going to school would be minimal as he was fleet proficient. The school would add MOS which is nice but I am guessing not required to do the job.

WAY out of my realm or expertise or knowledge, just relaying from a "friend" who has been there and done that. Stick to the guys that know, like Slug instead of google or wikipedia.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC-SSGT View Post
    I may have lost some of our conversation over the years as to whether he was a "hog" or a "pig". He was not school trained and told me that his sniper platoon really had no intentions to hurry him off to school. He was a solid Marine and with the cost of school and the operations tempo they simply couldnt afford to lose him or those like him. He already had a deployment or two under his belt with the platoon so the consensus he told me was that the amount gained by going to school would be minimal as he was fleet proficient. The school would add MOS which is nice but I am guessing not required to do the job.

WAY out of my realm or expertise or knowledge, just relaying from a "friend" who has been there and done that. Stick to the guys that know, like Slug instead of google or wikipedia.
    Will do, Thank you Sir, The only reason I knew about the hogs tooth was a Family friend who is a Former Marine Sniper told me the story of the true hogs tooth necklace. I know from the show " Surviving the Cut " that Snipers get a Hogs tooth necklace after completing the sniper school.

The only reason snipers don't go to school is that they have weak leaders. No reason for them not to go. Doesn't cost the unit anything, and there's generally open seats.

Thread Information