Man, you know...I miss the Corps a little!
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Man, you know...I miss the Corps a little!

PSYCHE!

Man this is great! No one is yelling at me, my hair is long, I shave every 3 or 5 days.

No one told me the best part about being a Marine would be being a Former Marine.

Today marks 1 month since I've EAS'd. ITS SOOO SWEEEETTT

Edit: Mad love homies.

Its funny. I had to leave the Marine Corps to become an even better gun fighter for work. Interesting. The civilian word is ok at times, but I will miss the Libo in some parts of the world. You can fill in the blank on that one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! Wait til you're around nothing but civilians for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaMarine View Post
    PSYCHE!

Man this is great! No one is yelling at me, my hair is long, I shave every 3 or 5 days.

No one told me the best part about being a Marine would be being a Former Marine.

Thats great. I am sure that the Marine Corps is much better off and things have gotten better for the Corps in the last month.

A couple of the listed things are nothing but signs of lazyness. The reality of things are that there will be someone telling you what to do until the day you buy it.

Now you can tell sea stories to all the kiddies in school.

While there may always be a boss, 99% of bosses can't go into my personal life and tell me what to wear when I'm not at work / take a white glove to my apartment. Also, incompetent bosses (just like all workers) get fired, not "reassigned" or moved when they can't hack it.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    In other words youre doing things the same as when you were in

I'll never really say I felt as strongly as you do, but there were things I was definately excited about not having to do when I got out. The longer your out though the more you will miss the brotherhood and fun things about being a Marine. No one misses the police calls or the field days. There are plenty of things you will miss though, at least that's my experience. On a personal note, after I got out I became a police officer and i'm still required to shave every day, cut my hair, and wear a uniform. Someday I will have a job that doesn't require all that. I tell you i'm going total ZZ Top. It's gonna be awesome!

PSYCHE!

Hope you're making plenty of friends in the unemployment line.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    While there may always be a boss, 99% of bosses can't go into my personal life and tell me what to wear when I'm not at work / take a white glove to my apartment. Also, incompetent bosses (just like all workers) get fired, not "reassigned" or moved when they can't hack it.
    Give me a break. You're a reservist...nobody is going into your personal life and telling you what to wear or inspecting your apartment. Marines are denied reenlistment all the time...if that's not being fired I don't know what is. I have been retired and working with civilians for awhile now and believe me, I have had more incompetent civilian bosses than I ever had in the Corps (and they continue to get promoted instead of fired). Civilian bosses are not taught anything about leadership traits and principles and couldn't lead a troop of girl scouts. Instead of mission accomplishment and the welfare of their troops/employees, all that matters to them is making a buck.

I loved the Corps when I was in...I love it more now that I'm retired!

PSYCHE!

Welcome back to the 1st Civ Division my Brother.

Glad your enjoying life again.

S/F
    -Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Give me a break. You're a reservist...nobody is going into your personal life and telling you what to wear or inspecting your apartment. Marines are denied reenlistment all the time...if that's not being fired I don't know what is. I have been retired and working with civilians for awhile now and believe me, I have had more incompetent civilian bosses than I ever had in the Corps (and they continue to get promoted instead of fired). Civilian bosses are not taught anything about leadership traits and principles and couldn't lead a troop of girl scouts. Instead of mission accomplishment and the welfare of their troops/employees, all that matters to them is making a buck.
    Yeah, I was a reservist, I only spent 3 years of it active duty. They can only deny reenlistment to a certain grade, once they hit e-6 then it's till 20 and then they get fired. Maybe I've just come across a bad string of terminal Staff Sergeants.

Hope you're making plenty of friends in the unemployment line.
    Get real, my wife has a career and the GI Bill pays me seventeen hundo a month to go to school full time and tell sea stories. I would be an idiot if I wanted a job, let alone did something stupid like get one.

Get real, my wife has a career and the GI Bill pays me seventeen hundo a month to go to school full time and tell sea stories. I would be an idiot if I wanted a job, let alone did something stupid like get one.
    I'm checking my eyesight again....are you saying $1700.00 a month for GI bill?

This is so true.

Thread Information