What is the highest rank i can get out of boot
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member Fidelis2's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

What is the highest rank i can get out of boot

I will be joinng up soon and plan to not only do my best but to be the best marine ever, and wanted to know how much rank i can make while in boot camp, i heard of people coming out of camp with Private First Class but I would like to try higher and harder and if I am chosen as guidon or the DIs personal helper, it would help me, likewise I want to qualify on the rifle range to a very high score.
    Is it even possible to be a Lance out of boot camp or am i aiming too high?
    Thank you to all Marines serving and who served this wondeerful country of ours, i pray i can follow in those same footsteps with even half the dignity and dedication possible

Use the SEARCH function on this site. This question has been asked and answered many times.

Marine Friend Free Member Fidelis2's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you sir i did but did not find anything. Do you mind if I ask what the highest rank out of boot camp you ever heard of anyone making? And were you the guidon in your platoon and if so did you make any rank out of boot camp? im trying to get a feel for whats possible in and after camp

Or, ask your recruiter, they can tell you.

Also, whenever you write the words Marine or Marine Corps, Marine is always capitalized (check your dictionary).

They didn't have guides and guideons when Old Marine went to bootcamp...they were still carrying muskets back then

There is no such thing as a Recruit being a Guidon. A platoon has a Guide who is picked by the Drill Instructor and the Guide can be fired in a split second. A Guidon is the platoon flag and is carried by the Guide. The highest rank I have every seen anyone graduate with is GySgt. But that was during NAM and they needed this guy to run a radar tower in Veitnam. He had worked on the radar in civilian life. Probably the highest rank you could achieve would be LCpl. Your Recruiter can tell you how.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidelis2 View Post
    I will be joinng up soon and plan to not only do my best but to be the best marine ever, and wanted to know how much rank i can make while in boot camp, i heard of people coming out of camp with Private First Class but I would like to try higher and harder and if I am chosen as guidon or the DIs personal helper, it would help me, likewise I want to qualify on the rifle range to a very high score.
    Thank you to all Marines serving and who served this wondeerful country of ours, i pray i can follow in those same footsteps with even half the dignity and dedication possible
    Is it just me, or has the level of moto-ness reached a new level of ridiculousness on this site lately with all the Poolees and Wannabes?

Marine Free Member Kenneth Havelka's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Rank out of boot camp

Amen Conch,
    All I dreamed of was making it and comming out alive.

If you go in as a Pvt, the highest you can get meritorious to is PFC and if you go in as a PFC, the highest is LCPL (rare but has been done)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Havelka View Post
    Amen Conch,
    I couldn't agree more Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Havelka View Post
    Amen Conch,
    Yeah...survival was my only goal too

Credits
    Savings
    Leaving MCRD in one piece was the. Chief motivator in my case also.

That was a few moons ago

Now there are all sorts of information available to recruits should they expend the effort to search.
    The poster seems like a. Motivated recruit with an honest question

Quote Originally Posted by Conch View Post
    Is it just me, or has the level of moto-ness reached a new level of ridiculousness on this site lately with all the Poolees and Wannabes?
    That means his recruiter did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidelis2 View Post
    Usually? PFC. In exceptional situaitons, LCpl. If you go in as E-1, if you become house mouse, guide, squad leader and are not fired, you can be promoted to meritorious PFC. If you have guaranteed PFC for whatever reason, you could make Lcpl. I went in as prive, was made squad leader at first PFT cause I was the only dude who could do 80 situps in 2 min LOL and well, I was also the only dude who never got fired, so I left with a stripe. Our guide was fired, but later the new guide was fired and the old one reappointed. When I went to boot camp, I had no focus on promotions, being guide, squad leader, any of that. Who knew about that stuff anyway? I just wanted to survive and make it. We didn't even have poolees. You joined and went or you joined on delayed entry and did whatever until you went. Today we try to prepare them so much so there are no surprises anymore, wonder if that's doing them a disservice.

Thread Information