Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

PI First Female Commander

Parris Island gets first female commander

The Associated Press
    Posted : Wednesday Jun 15, 2011 10:51:59 EDT

PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. — The Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island is getting its first female commander.

Brig. Gen. Lori Reynolds will become the first woman commanding general in the depot's 96-year history during a change of command ceremony on Friday, according to the Beaufort Gazette.

Reynolds also will oversee the Marines' Eastern Recruiting Region, which covers states east of the Mississippi River.

Reynolds replaces Brig. Gen. Frederick Padilla, who is becoming commanding general of the 3rd Marine Division in Okinawa, Japan.

HQMC needs to update her bio...this is the pic of her currently being displayed.

Credits
    Savings

P.C. all the ......................

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post

HQMC needs to update her bio...this is the pic of her currently being displayed.

Did you post a pic because I don't see one?

Credits
    Savings

posted pic

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post

hopefully this will be the right one ?? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...c875mbBPu-CwfA

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    So what! Its right in line with everything else. If she can do it, so be it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    hopefully this will be the right one ?? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...c875mbBPu-CwfA

San Diego had a Female General a couple of years ago. Pleasure Island is usually a day late and a dollar short.

Pleasure Island????

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    San Diego had a Female General a couple of years ago. Pleasure Island is usually a day late and a dollar short.
    I've gotta ask Gunny, are you referring to Treasure Island, the crotch cricket capitol of the USofA?? S/F!! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Parris Island gets first female commander

The Associated Press
    Posted : Wednesday Jun 15, 2011 10:51:59 EDT

PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. — The Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island is getting its first female commander.

Brig. Gen. Lori Reynolds will become the first woman commanding general in the depot's 96-year history during a change of command ceremony on Friday, according to the Beaufort Gazette.

Reynolds also will oversee the Marines' Eastern Recruiting Region, which covers states east of the Mississippi River.

Reynolds replaces Brig. Gen. Frederick Padilla, who is becoming commanding general of the 3rd Marine Division in Okinawa, Japan.

My niece and I were just there last week. BGen Padilla gave a couple different addresses and did an oustanding job each time we heard him. He lead the graduating companies on their motivation run around the base and appeared to set a fast pace (there were a very few recruits falling out of formation towards the end).

Female Marines are already very prominent at PI. The adjutant for the graduation ceremony was a female major, the color guard detail was all female, and the color guard detail at the Base Hq bldg which raised the colors on graduation day was also a separate but all-female detail. The officer who narrated the morning color ceremony was a female captain. The official photographer was a female LCpl and a female Company 1stSgt gave the address to the families at the liberty ceremony day before graduation. I will add, all of these female Marines were highly professional in uniform appearance, military bearing, and the way they conducted their duties. I have seen a ton of color guard details throughout my career (and even been in some myself); the female color guard details I saw at PI were immaculate in appearance and every movement/step executed flawlessly. As you can tell, I was extremely impressed with what I saw at PI...everybody and everything are totally professional.

Personally, I do not have a problem with a female CG and see no reason why she can't have a highly suucessful tour there. Obviously, the CMC has confidence in her abilities or she would not have been given the command.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I've gotta ask Gunny, are you referring to Treasure Island, the crotch cricket capitol of the USofA?? S/F!! Ken
    Ken:

Nope, I was referring to the Island with the sand fleas. I have made a few stops on my way through Treasure Island though. I was only passing through on my way to bigger and better things. That was not my favorite Island. For a while I thought it was Gilligans Island.

Ti

Ken:

Nope, I was referring to the Island with the sand fleas. I have made a few stops on my way through Treasure Island though. I was only passing through on my way to bigger and better things. That was not my favorite Island. For a while I thought it was Gilligans Island.
    We stayed there overnight, on the way to Korea, and did the same on the way home. Every one of us left there with a load of Crotch Crickets, in both directions, from the same Barracks. How's that for a welcome home? Have a good day . S/F!! Ken

Yep, I took the USS Gordon on my ride to Korea. Had to go through Treasure Island, but we never stayed overnight there. On the way back we unloaded at the Island and again never stayed the night. I guess those crotch crickets never had a chance to get to us as we were moving pretty fast.

Yep, I took the USS Gordon on my ride to Korea. Had to go through Treasure Island, but we never stayed overnight there. On the way back we unloaded at the Island and again never stayed the night. I guess those crotch crickets never had a chance to get to us as we were moving pretty fast.
    Lucky you Gunny. I got the impression that Californias main export was pants rabbits. S/F!! Ken

Thread Information