job choice 02xx or 03xx
Create Post

job choice 02xx or 03xx

I have a question that ive looked around and read on but im still a little in the dark. Ive gone and met with my recruiter, and I also took the asvab and scored an 89. I finished my package but havent gone to meps yet, because they need to pull my scores from chicago to send down first(they offered the asvab at my school). My question is this, I read up on the 02xx job threads and i know that i need a security clearance to get the mos. I was charged with a battery and arrested , but the charges were dropped. I also spent some time in high school acting like an idiot , without thinking. My recruiter says with no convictions im good to go to boot, but i was wondering if the battery and talking to my principal would keep me from getting a security clearance for intel, if i told them about being undisciplined in high school ahead of time. And I want to work intel badly, but I messed up. Should I just give up on intel if the chances of security clearance are low and just go for an 03xx contract to not waste time.

Thank you for your time

P.S. I have no preferences between infantry and intellegence, I understand that both are an important part of a team, and whether Im studying the enemy or putting rounds downrange, its all about the United States coming out on top.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Hah, so this thing called honesty comes into play and when you fill out your security clearance paperwork. Then after the investigator gets done with you it will go to DonCAF for Adjudication to see if they actually give you a clearance, which is subjective to if they think you are wreckless, dishonest, or generally negligent. BTW, I got my secret clearance in my old unit and I was a 03 in a line company. I now have a TS/SCI seeing I’m on MSG, I’ve had things happen in the past too, just be honest about them ; It’s all about how the U.S. Government can trust you, seeing the purpose of classification is protection of national secrets. P.S., your recruiter does not control you getting a clearance, if you get denied while you’re at boot camp for your secret, I guarantee you are going to be getting a new mos other than Intel. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']"battery and arrested , but the charges were dropped." - id recommended getting all the paperwork saying it was dropped etc... why it was dropped...[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter92 View Post
    I have a question that ive looked around and read on but im still a little in the dark. Ive gone and met with my recruiter, and I also took the asvab and scored an 89. I finished my package but havent gone to meps yet, because they need to pull my scores from chicago to send down first(they offered the asvab at my school). My question is this, I read up on the 02xx job threads and i know that i need a security clearance to get the mos. I was charged with a battery and arrested , but the charges were dropped. I also spent some time in high school acting like an idiot , without thinking. My recruiter says with no convictions im good to go to boot, but i was wondering if the battery and talking to my principal would keep me from getting a security clearance for intel, if i told them about being undisciplined in high school ahead of time. And I want to work intel badly, but I messed up. Should I just give up on intel if the chances of security clearance are low and just go for an 03xx contract to not waste time.

Thank you for your time

Thanks for your response, i guess all that i can really do is tell them when i messed up and be 100% honest. If i still dont get the clearance then ill deal with where uncle sam puts me. Thanks for the help

Thread Information