Need some Advice for a plan B!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Need some Advice for a plan B!

Ok, when i first entered the DEP i was 17 years old...so naturally i needed both parents signatures, i got a messed up mother, who i hadnt seen or talked too in years anyhow. well typical of her, she was tryin too screw up my plans. My recruiter, told me too go ahead and enlist as a Reservist, and Comcast change once i turn 18. a month before i turned 18, his recruiting duty ended and he head out too Cuba...now im screwed trying too find someone who wants a Combat Engineer position as a Reservist and i dont see it happening...unless theirs a miracle. So once i get screwed and am stuck coming home after MOS school too be a Reservist, how long will it take for me too Augment too Active Duty...? and what can i do too speed up the process, and NOT get a desk job? im going too be a 5th Gen Marine, my whole life has led up too Marines...and im way too Motivated and prepared too begin my Career..too end up as a rerservist doing weekend crap... someone help me out here with some Advice. Being a Grunt or having a very Combative job is in my blood, and its who i am, so no way in heck could i ever have a tech job or desk job like Admin.

Thankyou in Advance

Attached Images Attached Images

I would tell the new recruiter that the paperwork is messed up you were suppose to be active duty. Worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee1992 View Post
    Ok, when i first entered the DEP i was 17 years old...so naturally i needed both parents signatures, i got a messed up mother, who i hadnt seen or talked too in years anyhow. well typical of her, she was tryin too screw up my plans. My recruiter, told me too go ahead and enlist as a Reservist, and Comcast change once i turn 18. a month before i turned 18, his recruiting duty ended and he head out too Cuba...now im screwed trying too find someone who wants a Combat Engineer position as a Reservist and i dont see it happening...unless theirs a miracle. So once i get screwed and am stuck coming home after MOS school too be a Reservist, how long will it take for me too Augment too Active Duty...? and what can i do too speed up the process, and NOT get a desk job? im going too be a 5th Gen Marine, my whole life has led up too Marines...and im way too Motivated and prepared too begin my Career..too end up as a rerservist doing weekend crap... someone help me out here with some Advice. Being a Grunt or having a very Combative job is in my blood, and its who i am, so no way in heck could i ever have a tech job or desk job like Admin.

Thankyou in Advance
    Sounds like there is a misunderstanding here. Once the recruiter has your parents signature, it does not matter if you enlist in reserves or active duty.

My question is, why did you enlist in the reserves?

First of all, don't denigrate the reserves as "weekend crap".

Second, learn how to write a sentence and when to capitalize.

Third, you can always change your contract. You're not locked in to the DEP. If you don't like what the recruiter is feeding you then you can get it changed. They may not like it, but it's the next few years of your life that you need to worry about.

Thanks too all who gave me usable advice, i'll deff. look into it and try it out. only thing is the Major who commands VA recruiting stations and the Gunny in charge of making sure poolees ship out both told me i need too find a replacement before i can Comcast change.

I only want helpful advice, not bashers, thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Sounds like there is a misunderstanding here. Once the recruiter has your parents signature, it does not matter if you enlist in reserves or active duty.

My question is, why did you enlist in the reserves?
    The Commanding Major asked me the same thing... i explained it too him, but itd be a long story over this. Too put it into words, i was young and eager too enlist because i had been waiting a long time...didnt take into consideration that i could have waited till i was 18..so that was my stupidity, i just listened too my Recruiter at the time when i shoulda listened too my gut. I was under the impression that it was either enlist than or get an Open Contract and not have a clue what my MOS was gonna be...so i followed the plan of go Reserves and switch too Active when i turned 18, turns out it wasnt as simple as previously stated. i have a bad relationship with my Mother, she knew i wanted Active, but wouldnt sign unless i went reserves, not out of concern for my well-being, just too screw with me...looooong story that aint worth talking about.

NOBODY is bashing you here.

It's called constructive criticism and it's given with the intent of teaching you something. If you get your feelings hurt that easy then don't ask questions because sometimes you may not like the answers.

You say your from VA but where does it that??? If you want us to take the time to help you out then you take the time to fill out your Profile!!!!!

The Commanding Major asked me the same thing... i explained it too him, but itd be a long story over this. Too put it into words, i was young and eager too enlist because i had been waiting a long time...didnt take into consideration that i could have waited till i was 18..so that was my stupidity, i just listened too my Recruiter at the time when i shoulda listened too my gut. I was under the impression that it was either enlist than or get an Open Contract and not have a clue what my MOS was gonna be...so i followed the plan of go Reserves and switch too Active when i turned 18, turns out it wasnt as simple as previously stated. i have a bad relationship with my Mother, she knew i wanted Active, but wouldnt sign unless i went reserves, not out of concern for my well-being, just too screw with me...looooong story that aint worth talking about.
    Sounds like your mistake for listening to your Mom. The signature papers have nothing to do with active or reserves.

Once the recruiter has that signature, it is on you to decide. You can comp code change to active easily. The issue with you not being able to find anybody is just that: YOU are trying to do the recruiting. All you need to do is give your recruiter a name and a number. Let him do the recruiting. After all, he is trained and experienced in the field where you are not. No wonder you are so frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Sounds like your mistake for listening to your Mom. The signature papers have nothing to do with active or reserves.

Once the recruiter has that signature, it is on you to decide. You can comp code change to active easily. The issue with you not being able to find anybody is just that: YOU are trying to do the recruiting. All you need to do is give your recruiter a name and a number. Let him do the recruiting. After all, he is trained and experienced in the field where you are not. No wonder you are so frustrated.
    yea, i know that now, at the time the recruiter i had made it seem like i HAD to go reserves...after i got the sig i realize now it didnt really mean i had to obligate the terms with her.
    i know what you mean by the "let him do the recruiting" i have 3 refers, and they've all been like i was recruiting haha, and it deff is aggravating! ive been forwarding and giving numbers for the past couple months with my new recruiter, just always get the guys who say their gonna come in and talk, but always no show. bah! makes me want to go back in time! haha. Hey, thanks for all your feedback SSGT.

Quote Originally Posted by oscrmyr View Post
    You say your from VA but where does it that??? If you want us to take the time to help you out then you take the time to fill out your Profile!!!!!
    yea, im sorry about that..im probably gonna make a new profile and get more serious about this once i actually earn the title Marine. Im just getting a lil panicky because as time grows closer too my original shipdate, i get closer too being stuck in the Reserves. But its gonna be what its gonna be i figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    NOBODY is bashing you here.

It's called constructive criticism and it's given with the intent of teaching you something. If you get your feelings hurt that easy then don't ask questions because sometimes you may not like the answers.
    It didnt hurt my feelings...it was just a couple pointless comments on top of one useful suggestion. i know what constructive criticism is. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    I would tell the new recruiter that the paperwork is messed up you were suppose to be active duty. Worth a try.
    That is a good idea, but my situation was forwarded too the new NCOIC of the recruiting station as well as all the new recruiters. and the Major who is the Commanding Officer of recruiting in VA told me too do the same thing...which is find someone too take my spot. whole situation sucks >.<

That is a good idea, but my situation was forwarded too the new NCOIC of the recruiting station as well as all the new recruiters. and the Major who is the Commanding Officer of recruiting in VA told me too do the same thing...which is find someone too take my spot. whole situation sucks >.<
    I would aggree with you that does suck. I don't believe it is your responsibility to find a replacement that is why they are called recruiters. You do not qualify as a recruiter and I would tell them to tear my contract up and take a long run on a short pier if I were in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    I would aggree with you that does suck. I don't believe it is your responsibility to find a replacement that is why they are called recruiters. You do not qualify as a recruiter and I would tell them to tear my contract up and take a long run on a short pier if I were in your shoes.
    yeaa, i hear ya. thing is, even though i may get stuck with reserves, i didnt join for anything but too earn the title Marine, and hopefully make a Career if all goes well. So i couldnt bear too drop outof the DEP esspecially since im the Guide at my RSS and do a whole lot for that station...theirs a way around everything, just might take longer than needed..so if i do get stuck with Reserves, atleast i'll be a Marine and i know god willing i'll find a way too become Active with a good combative MOS eventually.

Thread Information