Rifle Range Score - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    That was good Willie

Willie.....you do know Dave saved all his AF uniforms, they came in handy when he became a Grey Hound bus driver. I shot a couple of points under Expert. So the Corps did me a favor and made me a walking gunner. That way if I didn't hit anything with a 25 round burst......it scared the shet out of 'em and they left.

On the rifle range I only shot sharpshooter. But in the Nam, since they always put my targets up so close to me I always shot expert. I always thought that was nice of them.

Those Recruits who constantly sprayed the targets on graduation day were assigned as Machine Gunners. There were some Recruits is some platoons who never fired a round on qualification day. There were also some who became another person on qualification day, but never in any of my platoons. A few did have sore trigger fingers though. Made it pretty hard to jerk the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    On the rifle range I only shot sharpshooter. But in the Nam, since they always put my targets up so close to me I always shot expert. I always thought that was nice of them.
    I know what you mean Russ...they told me I was special, that's why I was a gunner. They told me " Don't worry about killing anyone....just shoot like hell in among them little critters, Tex "

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Back when max on the rifle range was 250, I was able to get 225, but a friend of mine who had never fired a rifle in his life previous to PI shot about a 237, high shooter for his platoon. As we all know, the PMIs taught us from the ground up, no experience necessary. They did a great job. Primary Marksmanship Instructors. Do they still call them that nowadays??

Willie....you know as well as I, that walking gunners were picked because of their extremely good looks and Greek like bodies. Jealously is getting the best of you, you old fart. Hell, your old enough to be Dave's Daddy. Besides, when you qualified, they were still using Muskets.

No Muskets, but lots of Squads Right Drill. Never saw the big Parade Deck until Final Drill. We always drilled on the small deck next to the airport.

Thread Information