Question regarding Combat Engineers
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question regarding Combat Engineers

While doing some research about 1371's, I came across an article that was written by a Marine C.O. I believe it was posted on an official Marine website, that stated Combat Engineers would be required to go through SOI prior to going to their respective advanced schooling. Is this the case or are they still only sent through MCT. I only ask this because of the many threads I have read regarding C.E.'s being trained like grunts as well as getting training for being a Combat Engineer. Any and all help would be welcome and very much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Ramon

Credits
    Savings
    Oh btw, in case you are curious as to why I am asking. I am currently waiting for approval from MCRC, before I can continue working with the recruiter to move my enlistment along, so I am doing as much research as I possibly can now before things move along further. Thanks again.

Ramon

No, MCT falls under SOI, grunts go to ITB, it's different.

The school of infantry (SOI) is the school that has ITB and MCT, along with AITC (advanced infantry training company) as subordinate commands.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok thanks for clearing that up I misunderstood the things I've read. So thats a negative on going through any sort of infantry training, and a go on only having to go through MCT correct? Thanks for the quick response also guys, it is much appreciated.

Thread Information