Intel Move in Reserves
Create Post

Intel Move in Reserves

I'm sure this question has been answered in a million threads, but nevertheless, I'll ask anyways. I'm an E-5 0313, 0311 in the Reserves and I'm interested in going 0211. I've done my time on deployments and I'm in my last couple semesters at George Mason University. I've been in for almost 7 years now and I wanna stick around, but I think I'm ready to try my hand at something different. I know its a really small community, but I've certainly got experience to bring to the table, including Arabic. Could somebody lay out for me what has to be done, if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity? Thanks! S/F

Good Afternoon Devil Dog, I am at a loss here but you might try asking the Swami The Great. You can find him here:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=81492

Daedalus2040 I am not an 0211 I am an 0261 however I have been working with the 0211 folks for about 10 years. What are you looking to do in the reserves? If you want to join, you will need to find a unit and be boarded. If you pass the board you will go on to school and after you will most likely deploy for a year. What types of questions do you have? I know a few guys still on active duty that are 0211s, and I will pass on the questions you have.

you have to qualify for it like take some kind of test with them I believe

I think you actually have to interview for it too?

What are you bumping this for? What are you actually asking?

1. How do Intel deployments work in the reserves? Do they attach to other units or deploy as groups? Or both?

2. What happens at drill? What do the ATs consist of?

3. Does my background provide what an intel board is looking for?

As I think of more questions I'll post. I've read the job descriptions and it sounds like a very rewarding job.

Thanks!

1. You will attach to another unit, more than likely an infantry unit for your first tour as an 0211.
    2. Drill you will probably be doing schools and stuff, learning about your MOS.
    3. No. Your board will be about you. Its not about what you did in the USMC its about yourself. Above all else just be yourself. You dont always have to give the USMC moto answers to everything.

Prepare to deploy. If you do go 0211, you will get to see the other side of the USMC, thats never talked about. There is a whole other world out there for you to see that doesnt consist of you putting on a uniform everyday. Good luck.

There are a couple of threads dealing with this very thing. Run a search for 0211 both here, and in the 'Ask a Marine' section.

No kidding, it'll help.

....and run a google search to find official information about the MOS. Its a pretty easy find, and an inability to do so will potentially result in a poor experience on your selection board. A hint would be to google search the MOS number vice the word 'counterintelligence.' Make sure you are getting MARCOR documentation. If you can find the pub, or the relevant MCWP for that MOS, you will be in a good place.

Thread Information