Need help with open contract ASAP
Create Post

Unhappy Need help with open contract ASAP

I have to decided to join the Marines and what i really want to do is security forces. i was prepared to what as long as i needed to in order to get this in my contract but now my recruiter is telling me to sign an open contract to get me into the system and that we will get my uv contract later. this way i could take my asvab thursday and go to MEPS friday. i asked him if i would get my security forces job and he said ya no problem. is he being legitimate with me? i am concerned about signing an "open contract" PLEASE HELP

You will sign an open contract. Once you return from meps at a certain point your recruiter will sit you down and discuss the open job fields that you are able to choose from. If he said "no problem" you can sign open for the time being. Just make sure your recruiter stays true to his/her word.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Well Luke....that's the Real McCoy.....

You sign open then barter and bargain and get shipdates....and specific MOS.....

Do a search on this subject....it has been covered in depth with good scoop.

So is signing an open contract before MEPS normal? I guess i just don't like the sound of "open contract" I know i want to be a Marine but i also know i want to be mcsf . i just don't want to end up with some random job

Thread Information