Shaving In Bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Shaving In Bootcamp

How does shaving work in boot for African-Americans? I have very sensitive skin and get razor bumps.

Credits
    Savings
    You will have through instruction how to shave over/around/through the bumps

Credits
    Savings
    Same as for every other ethnic background. Hair don't grow on Iron. No hair below the eyebrows. Cut it off and live with it. Maybe Mommy can send you a sauve for it.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    When I went through, the only recruits who shaved were the ones who wanted to. Just ask your DI if you could be excused from shaving.

You're not the first person to have this issue, and likely won't be the only one in your platoon with this issue. All kidding aside, they'll take care of you. Facial hair is not an option - so you'll have several dipilitory options.

Credits
    Savings
    Haskins , if you check back, get in touch with me. I'm from Waterloo and Graduated from Boone County in 64. My email is gfoxf08@charter.net Semper Fi

Back in the day if you didn't shave correctly you were told to take your razor (only single edge back then) get down on all fours and scrape the blade against the concrete. Then you stood at attention and dry shaved without a mirror. Blood and guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Russ, nowadays they would court-martial everyone at Parris Island if, God forbid, a recruit had to endure that. LOL.
    Maybe - what a shame. We all sure learned how to shave correctly didn't we.

There were guys in my platoon with your condition who got a no-shave chit. Don't know exactly how you go about getting one, but I imagine you'll have an opportunity to bring it up to someone in medical the first week you're there during in-processing.

Dave, all of us had no-shave chit's in the Arizona.

Credits
    Savings
    Shave em all
    Use the K Bar if need be

I doubt that recruits still get a bucket with their bucket issue, but some time ago when they did issue buckets, It was your laundry bucket, chair, and had many uses like the Drill Instructor putting it over your head and you double timing in place while shaving.

Recruits will shave daily, whether you need it or not.

Like I have said before Dave. It's great not to be AD these days. Enjoy that medical and retirement pay I earned very much.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Guys, back in my day blacks were issued shaving chits, cause they broke out like leprosicy or sumpthing. Nuthin wrong with that, so back off. Most times they were given a chreme by the pecker checker. We ain't all the same,,,,, sometimes a different shade of green. SF, Brothers.

Sparkie: Back in you day I remember some black Marines using Nair which was a creme that they scraped off their face. It did remove the stubble, so nobody gave a sh*t.

Thread Information