1371 Combat Engineer
Create Post

1371 Combat Engineer

hey my name is drew and i signed for the marines a few months ago. my mos that i chose is combat engineer. i know that there are three main jobs in the combat engineer field. their is division,Field Service Support Group and Marine Air Wing. i wanted to know which one you would see the most combat in. do you also get to choose where you want to go in those three fields, or is it just where they want you to be? if you get assigned to a field where you dont want to be can you change it? also how long do you get to stay in that specific field of duty before they move you? i really want to be in the CEB and get attached to infantry platoons. What are the chances that i can be a division engineer in a CEB?

No profile...no answers.

After you fill out your profile, read the rules for wannabes (pay attention to the one about writing properly...you are not texting on your phone here).

Finally, the word Marines is ALWAYS capitalized...as is the word I.

And to add to what Top posted....do a search on the site, combat engineer has been covered before.

You are not a Marine and therefore do not rate to be called DrewtheMarine.

Quote Originally Posted by thediesel713 View Post
    You are not a Marine and therefore do not rate to be called DrewtheMarine.

VERY nice catch..

Quote Originally Posted by Drewthemarine View Post
    hey my name is drew and i signed for the marines a few months ago. my mos that i chose is combat engineer. i know that there are three main jobs in the combat engineer field. their is division,Field Service Support Group and Marine Air Wing. i wanted to know which one you would see the most combat in. do you also get to choose where you want to go in those three fields, or is it just where they want you to be? if you get assigned to a field where you dont want to be can you change it? also how long do you get to stay in that specific field of duty before they move you? i really want to be in the CEB and get attached to infantry platoons. What are the chances that i can be a division engineer in a CEB?
    Division is going to be were you get the most chance of combat and to get attached to a infantry unit. Thats what I am we were attached one engineer to a squad of 03's you pretty much have two MOS's 1371 and 0311.

Thread Information