trying to get back in
Create Post

Unhappy trying to get back in

OK here's the deal, I got out to try and find a civilian job, I was told i had 90 days to re-enlist no questions asked. My official eas date was 11 days ago. After finding that there really is no job that meet my requirements. I am trying to get back in. I have been passed from recruiter, to career planner, to prior service recruiter. The regular recruiter says he can't do anything for me because I'm in the 90 day window, my career planner said since im past my eas date he can't do anything, and the prior service recruiter told me all MOS's were closed and i have no chance at coming back into active duty. I find this hard to swallow, due to fact that i was guaranteed to be able to reenlist I'm eligible and willing to lat move to just about any mos. Anyone have any ideas that could help me or someone I can contact for help. your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Profile up if you expect any responses. Something doesn't add up. You say you want back in but under your username it says Marine spouse.

We need to know who we're dealing with here.

Sry my wife made the account, she was going to ask but i beat her to it, shes just as nervous as me, we have 2 kids and a third on the way. its scary to be out of work in the current economy with kids.

Made my own profile =)

Call SSgt Gordon: 1-800-586-5042 He's out of Oregon but he will give you straight answers.

The policy in question is MCO 1130.80A. You are classified as a continuous reenlistment. And should be reenlisted by a local AD recruiter using the standard FTAP or STAP process as if you were still on contract. The process is simply a RELM in TFRS.

(1) FTAP. Marines in competition for an FTAP boatspace may only
    reenlist from 1 January through 30 September each fiscal year. Active duty
    first term Marines have the first opportunity to take an FTAP boatspace from
    1 October through 31 December.
    (2) STAP. Marines being considered per STAP guidelines may reenlist
    at any time.
    3. Process. Marines who desire to reenlist must contact their local
    recruiter as soon as possible for more information and instructions. All
    requests will be processed as quickly as possible.

You should be able to come back under the above FTAP STAP rules,but only if there is a boat space available...There is no guarantee when it comes to re-up, you have to compete for available spaces with everyone else.If you are allowed to re-up it will be treated as a continuous reenlistment with no loss of time in grade/service.Good luck, The recruiters are especially hard to work with lately on "special" cases as people are knocking their doors down to enlist.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Just remember, be careful what you ask for you may just get it...and you asked to get out.

Some Marines have jobs all lined up before they EAS. Some do not and find out the grass really isn't so green on the other side. Good luck to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Some Marines have jobs all lined up before they EAS. Some do not and find out the grass really isn't so green on the other side. Good luck to ya.
    And yet so many more go on to having successful careers without the badgering by salty old war dogs and bull**** tasks.

And many more for years have been saying they are getting out and going to college and then for whatever reason, they end up knocking on the USMC door trying to get back in.
    Most are non hackers in the Corps and after getting out their non hacking ways continue.

Thread Information