No reenlistment code
Create Post

No reenlistment code

I was honorably discharged. Now that college is almost complete, I wish to continue my career in the USMC. The recruiter told me to present my reentry code, but there is a problem. I was not actually assigned a code. Can anyone determine what this means?

Some Admin screwed up? Get a copy of your SRB and sit down with the recruiter and see what is going on. If you still have contact with some of your senior enlisted or officer Marines that you served with, I would contact them too to see if they can check into it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are the 2 boxes at the bottem of your 214 that should contain the codes just blank?

I was a reservist so the reentry code on my DD214 just says N/A. The actual confirmation of my discharge reads, "you are not assigned a reenlistment code."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok it is becoming a little clearer. Were you ADSW at some point and then released from active duty back to the reserves possibly?

As a reservist the DD214 is just a release from active duty and is not a final discharge. The problem is that my final discharge still fails to assign me a reentry code. I hope that answers your question.

Thread Information