PFT scores and bootcamp
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

PFT scores and bootcamp

Its my understanding, that you get an intial PFT score when you start bootcamp, and another at the end.

My question is.. is it better to go into bootcamp and blow the PFT scores out of the water..
    Or just have solid numbers going in, and try your utmost hardest at the end of bootcamp to show progress.

Which score is the one that looks the best?

You give your all, 100%, from the moment you step on those yellow footprints until the time you walk across the parade deck on graduation day. There's no in between.

You're best served by going into boot camp in the best shape possible. If you can max your PFT in first phase, so much the better.

As far as what looks best, not sucking wind on any of your PFTs looks best. Maxing every PFT you take looks best. And quite frankly, after boot camp, no one cares what you scored on your PFTs at boot camp.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Mike View Post
    You're best served by going into boot camp in the best shape possible. If you can max your PFT in first phase, so much the better.

As far as what looks best, not sucking wind on any of your PFTs looks best. Maxing every PFT you take looks best. And quite frankly, after boot camp, no one cares what you scored on your PFTs at boot camp.
    Ok, thanks.
    I just was afraid that it might look bad if I went in, in really good shape.. and thus didnt show as much improvement from start to finish of bootcamp.

You should show improvement if you give it 100% everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Sloancattle View Post
    Or just have solid numbers going in, and try your utmost hardest at the end of bootcamp to show progress.
    You just answered your own question. They don't give a most improved award.

Thread Information