Reenlistment Options - Just curious
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reenlistment Options - Just curious

Ive looked online and havent been able to find really any cut and dry answers on this.

Heres my question, if someone is active duty, and then leaves the Marines for a few years.

-Can they get back in, and if so how hard is it, and whats it do to their rank?
    -Do they go back in at the rank they were at the end of there previous enlistment?
    -Also, what does it do to your timeline as far as retirement from Marines? Is it still 20 years active duty enables you to retire?

Ive read some peoples comments saying it can be difficult to get back in. But assuming your still in your twenties and healthy.. Can it be done?

Thanks for the help.

I have to wonder...you haven't even started your first enlistment yet and you are concerned about this?

Why?

yo invictus in speaking of reenlistment, I'll tell ya everything I know if you can ask your buddy in Security Forces about those 4 year contracts.

The jist of it is simple, depends on your health, and the needs of the Corps. Some dudes are forced to leave because they couldn't pick up rank even though the MOS was closed, etc, etc. They don't want to take a b billet and go MSG or recruit so they get forced out basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I have to wonder...you haven't even started your first enlistment yet and you are concerned about this?

Why?

Because... Im interested? Wouldnt it be easier to just answer my question.. or better yet not even reply, then ask about why I am asking a question? I just want to know the in's and outs of the Marine Corps and want to know any and all future options. Yes, 'focus on earning the title first' and all that. But its never bad to have a plan, or idea of what you want to do for the long run. Or at least know what one's options are.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus70 View Post
    Because... Im interested? Wouldnt it be easier to just answer my question.. or better yet not even reply, then ask about why I am asking a question? I just want to know the in's and outs of the Marine Corps and want to know any and all future options. Yes, 'focus on earning the title first' and all that. But its never bad to have a plan, or idea of what you want to do for the long run. Or at least know what one's options are.
    You better shut your lips and lock your body, nasty.

WHO the fock are you?

Like you were told, focus on the short term, earn the title -- then worry about what you can or cannot do when and if you get out and want back in.

All these smart mouthed what if's... what if my sister had a pecker, she'd be my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    You better shut your lips and lock your body, nasty.

WHO the fock are you?

Like you were told, focus on the short term, earn the title -- then worry about what you can or cannot do when and if you get out and want back in.

All these smart mouthed what if's... what if my sister had a pecker, she'd be my brother.
    If you dont have anything helpful to say then please dont bother, simply wasting my time, as well as yours. Prior planning prevents poor performance, cant see where your walking if you spend all your time staring at your feet. Sir.

If you dont have anything helpful to say then please dont bother, simply wasting my time, as well as yours. Prior planning prevents poor performance, cant see where your walking if you spend all your time staring at your feet. Sir.
    You think you are smart,, well, at least get your facts straight you punk -- it is Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi-ss Poor Performance. You little wanna bee sh it.

Those are the seven p's -- someday when you are no longer a wanna beee you might be tested on that.

I hope your DI's destroy you,, totally destroy you and make you cry.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    You think you are smart,, well, at least get your facts straight you punk -- it is Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi-ss Poor Performance. You little sh it.

Those are the seven p's -- someday when you are no longer a wanna beee you might be tested on that.

I hope your DI's destroy you,, totally destroy you and make you cry.
    I can only hope im as smart as you one day.
    Not trying to be rude, but once again.. im looking for an answer to my question. If you wouldnt mind answering it for me.. or simply annoying someone else, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

I can only hope im as smart as you one day.
    Not trying to be rude, but once again.. im looking for an answer to my question. If you wouldnt mind answering it for me.. or simply annoying someone else, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    You were given an answer to your question. Earn the title first, and go pound sand.

Don't forget, you are a guest here, didn't your momma and daddy teach you any manners -- don't wear out your welcome thinking you can be smart cause you are online.

And the black helos are now inbound. While you still CAN, go read, then re-read, the site rules.

And goodbye. We'll start with a week and work from there.

Jackasspunkery has no place here.

Poolee I want to point out that if you bothered to look at profiles you would see your being disrespectful to 2 Sergeants. Let me explain to you how the Marine Corps works here and maybe save you a little pain and suffering. If you actually make it thru boot camp and make it to the fleet if you ask your NCO a question and they tell you to pound sand your response should be Aye Cpl/Sgt.. Have a good day Cpl/Sgt. If you where in my unit and came at me like that I'd charge you with disrespect and make sure you remained a private your entire enlistment. With that said the answer to your question is currently if you leave the Marine Corps after your term is up its really difficult to get back in but who know what will happen 4-5 years from now. The best advice I can give you now is drop the attitude or go join the army where thats acceptable

Congrats to 'invictus' who just got banned forever for being an insolent twit and deciding he was going to disregard site rules. And come back as another user name.

Complete fuvktardery not tolerated. Go enlist in the army, they like that sort of thing.

WOW! I had a few kids like that in my boot platoon I can't remember what day the D.I's are allowed to start I.T but I remember them coming back, I've never seen a guy cry that hard, ever. It's was pathedic, hilarious, and satisfying all at the sametime.

He'll probably, if he ever makes it that far, be either a 'mental' drop, a 'fail to adapt/train' drop, or a chronic bedwetter.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! I love you guys!

Thread Information