Super Bowl Winner Picks ??? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Well the wife is calming down alittle now. She says it doesn't matter now who wins just as long as her Packers are going to the Super Bowl. I dont believe she really thinks that though, and I think she will get all anxious again around half time.

I told her to go to the game or go home to the Green Bay area(Shawano WISC), but they wanted $2500 for one ticket to the game, and around $300 for plane tickets back to Green Bay, so we booked a room at a small Colorado ski town with a couch and a big TV. We can ski 3 days for free with our local NM season pass becasue of a coop agreementus

She will miss her hometown radio announcers Larry and Wayne. she caught almost every game on SiriusXM radio, and watched only two games all season . I have to admit TV annoucners dont cut the mustard after four seasons of listening to Larry and Wayne.

My father in law sent us a copy of the Falcons game, and I recorded that game from xm radio since she worked until halftime. This last saturday we put them together and watched the game but listened to the radio guys. It was really good. Unfortunately in real time they would likely not be together.

Pray for a powder day so me and the kids can have fun taking turns skiing with the "Cheese Head" on our heads.

Have to agree with Radio on this, the STEELERS will WIN the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Green Bay all the way!!!!!! And I Live in Pittsburgh.....Mike McCarthy's parents live right around the Corner!!!!! GO PACK GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post
    Green Bay all the way!!!!!! And I Live in Pittsburgh.....Mike McCarthy's parents live right around the Corner!!!!! GO PACK GO!
    You may live in Pittsburgh but not rooted there. I was raised there & left over 50 years ago to serve the Corps; by blood still runs black & gold. GO STEELERS!!

Golden Telephone

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about Churches around the
    country. He started by flying to San Francisco & started working east from
    there.
    Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs & making notes. He
    spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall & was intrigued with a sign,
    which read "Calls: $10,000 a minute."
    Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone & the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor & continued on his way. As he continued to visit
    churches in Seattle, Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee & around the United
    States, he found more phones, with the same sign & the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Pennsylvania. Upon entering a Church in Pittsburgh, he
    saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: $0.35
    cents."

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Father Jones, I have been in cities
    all across the country & in each church I have found this golden
    telephone & have been told it is a direct line to Heaven & that I could talk to
    God, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only $0.35 cents a call. Why?

The priest, smiling benignly, replied : "Son, you're in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    now. Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. 6 time Super Bowl Champions, the
    Pittsburgh Pirates, and the Pittsburgh Penguins, Stanley Cup winners, 3 vibrant
    rivers meeting at the Point of the most beautiful downtown area around, the city with the best hospitals, neighborhoods & friendliest people in the world! You're in God's Country. It's a local call."

AMEN

GO STEELERS!

I'm torn. I like the Steelers and the Packers both on a usual season. I guess I have to lean towards the Packers for the following reasons. (1) They're from the northern plains. (2) Been to Green Bay, and the people are friendly, and to Pittsburg and they were standoffish. (3) Kansas City does their summer camp in Wisconsin, and plays the Packers in scrimage games. (4) I hate the Minni-scrotum Bi-queens (long story) and the Packers are their arch rivals. (5) If they win, it will be an "In your face" moment to Brett "The Traitor" Favre, and my smug sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Skosh59 View Post
    You may live in Pittsburgh but not rooted there. I was raised there & left over 50 years ago to serve the Corps; by blood still runs black & gold. GO STEELERS!!
    Good Luck your gonna need it My wife is the Steeler fan, spent the sunday watching the AFC and NFC Championship next to heinz field at Bettis's resturant and all the Steeler fans there (I was in FULL Green Bay Regalia) said to me.. "God We hope for the Bears Cause WE KNOW we can beat them........ Green Bay? that's a tough one"

Of course I'm not rooted here! I was born and raised in Wisconsin! Where they Stamp "Packer Fan" at the bottom of your Birth Certificate!

GO PACKERS! By a field goal!

Last edited by Rooger; 01-26-11 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added phrases

Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post
    Good Luck your gonna need it My wife is the Steeler fan, spent the sunday watching the AFC and NFC Championship next to heinz field at Bettis's resturant and all the Steeler fans there (I was in FULL Green Bay Regalia) said to me.. "God We hope for the Bears Cause WE KNOW we can beat them........ Green Bay? that's a tough one"

Of course I'm not rooted here! I was born and raised in Wisconsin! Where they Stamp "Packer Fan" at the bottom of your Birth Certificate!

GO PACKERS! By a field goal!
    Joking aside, it will be an interesting match up. I watched both games AFC & NFC play offs. Both Green Bay and Pittsburgh played only 30 minutes, both almost gave the game away..... In deed it will be interesting

I would boycott the Superbowl, but there will be lots of food and alcohol at the Superbowl Party I've been invited to...I never boycott food or alcohol. Go Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    I would boycott the Superbowl, but there will be lots of food and alcohol at the Superbowl Party I've been invited to...I never boycott food or alcohol. Go Panthers.
    Boycott the Super Bowl!!?? Blasphemy I say!! If the games sucks at least you have to commercials.

Thread Information