Gone Fishing - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Most of the day was spent standing right at the water line or less than 1 ft. deep with extended arm and a 10.5 ft pole: open the spool and thumb into a few feet of water, back bounce, move down stream, repeat, rest arm/change up presentation; repeat.

I was hunting remnants of the silver run, will try again after Thanksgiving to see if the 2salt steelies are in the system yet. Have you been on the rivers lately..
    I have had my nose buried in books related to this Diagnostic Imaging program I'm currently in. I'm missing out on the salmon run in the Uma, but I saw a few of the fish caught and they're boots. I'm guessing 'cause of lack of water.

I love fishing. Any idea how to catch the big fish of the day?

Dunt know about big fish where you are at but here in KS we have big Cats. Channel, flat head and Blues. Landed a nice 48lbs first of the year on one of our lakes. Most one I keep are around 10 to 20lbs anything larger is a pain to keep and clean. But we do have lots of kitty cats and it is fun catchen them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    the productive streams here abouts are those where the griz bear like to hang out....people tend to stay away....have walked out with my limet every time...not real fishing though...its just drop your fly in the water and pull the fish out....cut throught and rainbow are keepers...bull trout are protected...can keep up to 50 eastern brook...guess they are tryin to get them cleaned out of our waters?...they taste the same as western cutthrought...only dont seem to get as big
    on flathead lake its laketrout..macks....they were planted there back in the 50s....have cleand the lake out of most of its native fish.....then theres the pik in the river that were planted round about the same time....they keep the browns, rainbo, bulltrout, cutthrought, big and small mouth bass numbers in check

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Suprising how well a gold number 12 hook with a couple loops of red thread and red trailer works. Never had the chance to fish for salmon but that set up works good for trout. Used to take the eyeball off the first caught and put it on a hook.

Last light, a few weeks and a few inches higher. Not as easy to read or fish, and a different species has entered the system: winter steelhead

Optimal

Blowout! how do you fish that mess? you tell me??

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Runoff/lead head jig? cast up stream and run like hell. looks clear though iguess i fish the inlets.

Jig, good idea if it's big and bold enough. this flood water has less than a few inches visibility, bright active floats with large profile and plenty of stink

Plugs, close to the bank. Blue or Green Pirate, or Dr. Death Wiggle Warts. Kill.

hhhmmmmm that's all i found in my vest

Think i'd been drinking and had visions of the King of King Salmonidae when that plug got decorated. It's just ugly enough that it might work in that mud

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    hhhmmmmm that's all i found in my vest

Think i'd been drinking and had visions of the King of King Salmonidae when that plug got decorated. It's just ugly enough that it might work in that mud
    Steelies like pink. I guess we have something in common.

Lost that pink vlassic slice in a tidewater snag while eyeballing a seal that was feeding on what looked to be sturgeon, which are closed for human retention. I've seen seals 1 mile up the Clack, close to the I-205 overpass. Many leagues from the ocean. You know its legal to tune up seals and sealions if they're in your space and messin with your possibles. Don't know if a pebble or frozen paint ball would even sting through all that blubber? Bear spray should turn em.

Physical Contact:

slingshots

non-toxic and water soluble paint ball guns

non-lethal ammunition (e.g., rubber bullets, sabot rounds, game stingers)

We sporties are blamed for depletion, fined for barbed hooks and bait, charged an ever-increasing amount for yearly license and harvest tags; despised by farmers. While the ODFW and WDFW (whom we feed, house and cloth) regulate and gouge us to capacity because they can, and we hold jobs. Back at the Ranch: cormorants and pinnipeds sure as hell can't pay fee's or a ticket, so they remain free to proliferate and feast on the liberal government dole

Combat Fishing

Hoofed it a way's after work into one of my favorite holes and there was an old man with his two bird dogs patrolling the limited bank space. One dog charged up and nipped the back of my leg, not much more than a pinch but enough to agitate after a full day of manipulating shoes onto horses, so i threatened to kill it. The old man started hollerin and cluckin and directly corralled the animal and got hold of the leash. He pinned it down and delivered a verbal scolding :YAWN: I moved off to less productive water but at least it wasn't here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tc6ywqoL6o

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    id say thats a little bit crowded...a smigen wors the alaskas rivers at the peek season...ill stay here in montana where i very seldom see anyone in the good places...may be why they be the good places huh?

Thread Information