Joining Question..
Create Post

Question Joining Question..

First ill introduce myself,

Hi my Name is John Micheal Fain, I currently live Overseas on a Navy Base located in Naples, Italy. I am only 16, but will be turning 17 soon. I am a Junior in High School. My Dad was a SSgt in the Marines, Grandpa was a GySgt, and so was my Uncle.. I plan to follow the line of joining the Marines..

On this Navy Base there is only a Navy Recruiter, not a Marine one, and sadly there is a Air Force recruiter; But i promised my Dad i would not ever go there. Usually i would ask my Dad for help, but he is currently deployed in Africa for work. I have gotten a hold of a recruiter in the States from GA.. But sadly he blew me off (literary) I sent a email to him about a week ago with some questions, but still havent gotten a reply, So i asked my Senior Chief (In NJROTC) and he referred me to a Marines Forum.

Here are my Questions, hoping someone can help me out..

1. Is there a recruiter i can speak to in Europe, if not is there a way i can have a telephone conference with one, or a video conference.

2. Will being in NJROTC help me? If so, how?

3. How long does it take to get to boot camp, My Senior told me that because a lot of people are joining the military due to economic problems, there is a line to go to boot camp. (He is also a former Recruiter for the Navy)

4. What do i need to score on the "ASVAB" I am taking it in December.
    What kind of information do i need to know before i enlist? General Orders an etc..

5.What is the percentage of the rate that complete boot camp?

6.Is it possible to enlist while attending your senior year in high school? (When i am 17) So that when i graduate from High School, i can go on to boot camp?

Thats it, Thanks a ton if anyone answers those questions, If not it's alright. Ill keep searching..

One last thing, Does anyone think they know Micheal Leroy Fain? He enlisted in 1973, He went to Parris Island for boot camp

Just a little help to get you started:

I assume you are a US citizen; correct? And that you just happen to be living overseas?

Don't take the recruiter blowing you off personally. You're only 16 and he is busy dealing/talking with potential recruits who are ready to go now. Don't take it personally.

There are no recruiters in Europe that I know of. Ask yourself why would there be. Waiting list to go to boot camp is pretty long. You can enlist at 17 as long as you have parent's signatures. Everything that you need to do to get ready, ASVAB, paperwork, etc. must be done in the States.

Relax. You have time. Just keep your nose clean and get good grades.

Can't imagine there would be a recruiter in Europe.

My advice is since you have a while, start reading up on some history of the Corps. Start slowly getting yourself into the right mindset and physical condition. No hurry because, you have a good deal of time. Learn what it means to be a Marine. If you start now with the physical part, you'll be in such good shape when your time rolls around the recruiters will be knocking down your door trying to send you out ASAP.

Like tdrt said, stay out of trouble. Nothing will crucify you quicker.

@tdrt, Thank you for the information, Yes indeed i am a American Citizen. Yes, we live overseas due to dad getting new jobs which makes him "higher on the food chain" apparently.
    Well, i just remembered why there wasn't any Marine Recruiters, all the Bases in Europe are Air Force, Navy, Army. (And a few German ones down in Raimstien)

For the people who gave me the Websites linking to the Marine Corps Site, They don't give me any information, only to add their Facebook Group..

@GunnyDestroyer,
    Will do, i already have the Legs for it (as in speed, current mile time is 4:44.3 and 5k time is 17:23.) Just need to work on upper body. Will keep a clean nose, Dad always told me to keep a clean nose, never know when your going to need to get it dirty for people. (as a joke for brown nosing)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I posted a link to a online form you fill out with the ability to let them know you are OCONUS and etc and they would contact you.

I'm thinking some of the links posted might not work for you. I had that little problem when I was in Germnay.

Thread Information