Conversation Between Alisium and SlingerDun

Conversation Between Alisium and SlingerDun

3 Visitor Messages

1. Oh you missed out on the big money Biscuit Fires in ott-2 eh. They flew in firefighters from like 49 states and California. Yellowshirts, school busses and fire rigs everywhere.
    Foresters say: The Oregon Cascades are long overdue for the kind of vast conflagration that has erased forests in centuries past. It could happen in a summer.

So the fate of 58 million acres of national forest and wether or not it should be thinned and di-sected with fire breaks for preservation is once again in the hands of some big city lamer lawyer turned POTUS. Hell you might be back in the hotshot business sooner than later
  2. Hey bud, sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I actually grew up in upstate NY. My parents had a dairy farm. Our northern border was actually the US/Canada border. We moved to Bend just before my senior year in HS and the very next summer I was in MCRD earning my title.

My wife, however, is from Burns, born and bred. Her family is still there and we go visist at least once a year. We did move back to Bend for about a year in 2005. I went there go fight wildland fires. Not much happened though.

SF Bro.
  3. Dude you were raised in Bend? I worked on the G.I. ranch with a shoer named Larry Davis from Bend, his son Joe was/is? the toughest sod and gravel fighter in Oregon. Joe would throw and buckle with anybody including this cat from Prineville "the toughest town in Oregon" that he snatched the title from. Joe is tougher than his brother Buck whom i recall from my wrestling days as a Lakeview Honker
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3