Conversation Between wilsontc11 and Robert Pidgeon

Conversation Between wilsontc11 and Robert Pidgeon

2 Visitor Messages

1. Yes, I did worry about running. In fact, that was what I was worried about the most. In reality, we didn't ever really run at boot camp. You'll get better at it, the food they give you is loaded with carbs. you also get running shoes. if you want to improve your IST time work on building endurance. running longer doesnt really do much for you, so next time you do an IST or go running, sprint and slow down, sprint and slow down etc. and watch what you eat, that is the most important thing.
  2. PFC Wilson, I shipout to bootcamp this August, in a couple of weeks. Did you worry about running? I do. A lot! Here are my IST scores of as last Saturday. August 6th.
    Pull ups: 13 I almost got 14, but I did not get my chin over the damn bar! I had that one too...
    Crunches: 102, not the best in my record. July I had 105.
    1.5mile run: Fastest 11:45, this month they let us run a "1.5mile" it was actually a 1.8mile. I got 13mins, or so. My slowest 1.5 was when it was hottest out at my 90 day audit, and they did not let us hydrate the day before. We got there at Lights out... It was a horrible 12:46. Even though my run is ok, I still worry about it. I guess I will see at the MOT... I'm freaking out. The Marine Corps is all I have.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2