Marine Corps - USMC Community - Blog Entries - Blogs
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. aav schools btn

I am fixing to pcs to be an aav schools instructor. Any body been there as an instructor ? I have been with 2nd traks and done two deployments with them just lookin for some info about it got a good idea about it being that i obviously attended the school some time ago just wanting some info for the instructor side,, thank you..
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Need some input from some OLD DOGS

www.MarinesinMexico.com just an idea and in the event it became needed, it would hurt to talk it over and think it through

semper fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How i joined the Corp.

The day i joined the Marines seemed like only yesterday, but it was 34 years ago. On December 31st 1976, my dad and i were reading the sunday paper when i turned a page and saw a full page ad, "last day for G.I. bill". I looked over at pops and asked him what do you think i should do, dad being a WWII Army veteran who served in the Pacific, threw me the car keys and said, do what you have to do. Well i had just refused an offer from my dad and uncle to send me to Grambling State University, ...

Updated 01-21-11 at 01:04 PM by lloyd holland

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Mighty Sand Flea.

For those of you who may not know, listen to this tale of a mighty foe. It lives in a place called Parris Island,"the land that GOD forgot, the sand is 14 inches deep and the sun is blazzing hot". It's so small and never seen, has a bite that's nasty and mean, it can even hide behind a hair, some claim its bite is mightier than a grizzly bear. It can bring pain to any recruit, make him move and feel the toe of the D.I.s boot. If you're one who has ever felt it's attack, then you know it ...

Updated 09-21-10 at 11:24 AM by lloyd holland

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Looking for PI platoon book 393 oct. 1974 Staff sgt Reader

Im looking for a platoon book from 1974. Paris Island platoon 393. Anyone have any ideas. I'm looking for a few buddy's. I was in Okinawa 75 on Mt. Fuji . Cherry point until 78.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Marine Corps Stories

7. Are Marines With Less Than Honorable Discharge Your Brother

by , 07-28-10 at 05:00 PM (Are Marines With Less Than Honorable Discharge Your Brother)
    I was told in boot camp every marine is your brother. Semper Fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. What are my chances of getting deployed being a court reporter?

Hi, I'm only a PFC going to school right now to be a court reporter on Newport Naval base. My recruiter gave me the impression that all marines do infantry type things, which i have found out is not true at all. What can i do to increase my chances of getting deployed once i get to the fleet (Hawaii). Is there any chance at all? And could i somehow get attached to a deploying unit upon request??? thank you.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Bulldogclx66

FOR MANY YEARS LOOKING FOR MARINES WHO SERVED WITH 1ST SHORE PARTY H&S MOTOR T, 1967. SHORE PARTY WAS ACROSS FROM THE PX AT HILL 327. 30TH OF SEPT. 67 I GOT BLOWN UP ON A MINE SWEEP AT THE ENTRANCE TO HILL 10. NEVER MADE IT BACK TO BAT. AREA. ENDED MY DUTY AT CAMP PENDLETON AFTER EIGHT MONTHS IN THE HOSPITAL. HOPE TO FIND SOME OLD SHORE PARTY MOTOR T MARINES. W. HARVEY
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Close Order Drill

I was a drill instructor at MCRD San Diego 1957-1959 and throughout that time we taught Squads Right Drill. And, I believe you are correct that this later changed to Landing Party Manual Drill later and that this was the type of drill used from WW II on on to 1956 (?).
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. How Marines welcome a President

It would seem the U.S. Marines know something that many of the civilian population do not.

You've got to take 2 minutes to watch this comparison between George Bush's visit to the Marines vs. Obama's recent trip. It is incredible. There is word this will be removed from YouTube so go now. Pass it around quickly.

Try to get this to people as it may not last long on YouTube, as Obama's people try

to get it squashed.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Ssgt Board

Ssgt board is up this year and im on the below zone. This question is for someone that is dealing with the same problem as me i was on the BCP last year but im PME complete and more how hard it will be for me to get Ssgt for this year?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Marine Corps Reserve Prior Service Recruiter

To all in the Baltimore, Washington DC, and Quantico area - I have created a Marine Corps Reserve website designed to help Marines understand the whole Reserve thing and how to get affiliated with the Marine Corps Reserves. Take a look at

www.marinereserverecruiter.com
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Boot Camp

Looking for members of Plt.394-Sept-Dec. 1958 MCRDSD
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Gunney 78

can anyone give me the exact address for Marine Corps Recruit depot, San Diego Ca. I need the gate a visitor can enter to attend a graduation ceremony. I't been since Sept 1961 since i've been there!! Need to see a graduation before i die. please help, Gunney 78. thanks Semper Fi
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast