PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding juvenile offenses

jmsirois
10-14-10, 03:47 PM
Hello. <br />
I am an 18 year old college student, majoring in business, but it's been an aspiration of mine to go into the service since I was very young. The Marine Corps is my dream choice, but it seems...

usmc3521
10-14-10, 07:22 PM
you should be fine, just a waiver. Trust me there have been alot worse than that lately. Go hit up your recruiter!

R Landry
10-14-10, 10:35 PM
From a sticky posted by Sgt Leprechaun <br />
<br />
1: There are plenty of Law Enforcement officers that are former Marines here on site. Trust me, their knowledge of the law far exceeds YOURS as a poolee. <br />

ameriken
10-15-10, 12:36 PM
As Landry said, the Corps is pretty full and has a line up of folks who are grads, have college, score high on the ASVAB's, do well in PFT's etc. The Corps is in the position to take the cream of the crop because there's a lot of cream out there.

If that we're ever to change, and there are a slew of retirements and a shortfall of reenlistments, as well as a shortfall of recruits to replace them, then the Corps could readjust and make more waivers.

But as has been said, try it. See your recruiter. If it works, great, if not, don't be disappointed. You're still young and could try again at a later date and things could be different by then.

Visit your recruiter.

ameriken
10-15-10, 12:39 PM
And let us know how the trip to the recruiter goes.

usmc3521
10-16-10, 10:44 AM
go to a recruiter, just spoke to mine and a juvi dui is waiverable