PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps while in college?

raerae16roses
10-11-10, 09:47 AM
Hi, I'm a sophmore in college right now. In my junior year of high school I made a 75 on the ASVAB. I've thought for a while about joining one of the military branches. The only I like is the Marines. I couldn't really tell you why other than I have to be different than everyone else and I push myself. I always have to do what others say I can't. From your point of view, what makes the Marines different from the rest? I'm thinking since I'm in college, I would join the Marine Reserve for the time being. I have some questions and I'm just looking for a place to start since I'm having trouble finding a recruiter.

USNAviator
10-11-10, 01:37 PM
Hi, I'm a sophmore in college right now. In my junior year of high school I made a 75 on the ASVAB. I've thought for a while about joining one of the military branches. The only I like is the Marines. I couldn't really tell you why other than I have to be different than everyone else and I push myself. I always have to do what others say I can't. From your point of view, what makes the Marines different from the rest? I'm thinking since I'm in college, I would join the Marine Reserve for the time being. I have some questions and I'm just looking for a place to start since I'm having trouble finding a recruiter.

You could also contact an OSO and request info regarding the PLC program. You would attended to two summers Sophomore-Junior and Junior-Senior for 6 weeks each or do 10 weeks between you Junior-Senior year. The training is held at Quantico. I can send you a link if you are interested. I did PLC in '77, the 10 week course

Good luck

il duce
10-11-10, 01:45 PM
you could enlist and go the MCP-R route as well

...half my reserve unit are college students

USNAviator
10-11-10, 01:59 PM

I just looked at your profile. I was going to ask if your college had NROTC but I tend to doubt it.

Here is a link to PLC

http://www.marineofficerprograms.com/pages/platoon-leaders-class-plc.php

Also I had to laugh at your part-time job. It brought back many great memories of hanging out at the local Sonic in Kingsville TX when I was in Advanced Flight Training. Great burgers but I still think Whataburger is better....;)