PDA

View Full Version : Acne Medication question.

Master Ninja
10-06-10, 10:40 PM
So I talked to my Recruiter and He said once My acne clears up I can swear in, (I posted about this about 1 month ago) and I was wondering if any of the Marines on here knew about the antibiotic Septra DS, Because I called My recruiter to see if it was disqualifying but he said every Doctor is different and is not sure what drugs are Disqualifying (besides Accutane). Just needed some Information on this before I went through with it, Thank You!!

R Landry
10-09-10, 05:23 PM
From Sgt Leprechaun....

Taking medication of ANY kind, as prescribed by a LICENSED PHYSICIAN. You can't take it to recruit training. Disqualifed. See a recruiter for specific details. The one year rule may or may not apply.

Lisa 23
10-09-10, 05:31 PM
Also from Sgt Leprechaun...

Medical & Criminal Waivers...READ THIS FIRST
I'm noticing a disturbing trend of late, and that is folks coming here and asking various and sundry medical questions most of which WE cannot answer, not being doctors. However, through long experience, perhaps this short tutorial will assist in the answering of questions, and avoid the seemingly constant questions of "I have.....can I?"

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97158

Master Ninja
10-09-10, 08:34 PM
Thank You two Marines, that helps. I just need to get rid of it to sign up.......That's why I'm trying to go the all natural route So there is no possibility of a DQ.

Thank You for your time!