PDA

View Full Version : Contract issues

Lyman630
10-05-10, 08:32 PM
Hey Marines, I have a question about my contract. Currently I have an open contract and I want 1800 Tank and Assault Amphibious Vehicle. Today I went to my recruiter's office and did some paperwork called "Statement of Understanding" that has to go up to MEPS and then I sign a new contract that'll override my open one. When I went to the office, I thought I was in there for 1800, but I found out that the Program Description is Combat Support and Program code is CE. What's CE mean? But with being in Combat Support, my MOS can be 0800 Field Artillery, 1800 Tank and Assault Amphibious Vehicle, or 7200 Air Control/Air Support/Anti-air Warfare/Traffic Control. Is there a way that I can have a contract specifically for 1800? I at first wanted Infantry but it's full I suppose. Sorry if I left out any details, I don't think I did though.

Backhaus 1103
10-05-10, 08:46 PM
I don't think there is one for just tanks and tracks. My guess at why the group sh!t is so they can get people who want to shoot and drive an M1A1 Abrams, a highly popular MOS, also have the chance of being a military crossing guard. Come on who really wants to be traffic control.
It's a way to put bodies in the hard to fill jobs.

yanacek
10-05-10, 08:49 PM
Hey Marines, I have a question about my contract. Currently I have an open contract and I want 1800 Tank and Assault Amphibious Vehicle. Today I went to my recruiter's office and did some paperwork called "Statement of Understanding" that has to go up to MEPS and then I sign a new contract that'll override my open one. When I went to the office, I thought I was in there for 1800, but I found out that the Program Description is Combat Support and Program code is CE. What's CE mean? But with being in Combat Support, my MOS can be 0800 Field Artillery, 1800 Tank and Assault Amphibious Vehicle, or 7200 Air Control/Air Support/Anti-air Warfare/Traffic Control. Is there a way that I can have a contract specifically for 1800? I at first wanted Infantry but it's full I suppose. Sorry if I left out any details, I don't think I did though.

Until a few years ago, there was a way provided you qualified. It was called the Quality Enlistment Program (QEP). However, I understand that they canceled that program so there is no way any longer for enlistees to receive specifically the 1800 Occupational Field.