PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MOS: 0400/2300

Poolee W
10-04-10, 03:41 AM
The title of the thread is short and sweet, but I will go into more detail. I'm new to the forums and didn't see anything I could read which would answer some questions I have. For any other poolee who is following this thread, I'll list the MOS below.

0400 - Basic Logistics Marine
2300 - Basic Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Marine.

I have done some research since my recruiter presented me with the SOU listing these as my MOS. I had chosen 0400 Basic Logistics Marine as my number one choice following the review of my ASVAB line scores and MOS job availability. I did NOT choose the second MOS. Naturally, I went to some credible military websites, and asked around to see what other former Marines knew of the MOS. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any answers substantial enough to ease my anxiety.

If any Marine apart of this community has experience with this field, I respectfully request an explanation as to what I will be doing as a Marine with this MOS.

I'll provide some basic information that I'm asked often if it helps. I plan on going active duty. I'm hoping to apply as many times as it takes for MECEP. I do plan on making the Marine Corps a career. Lastly, I have aspirations to one day be a Marine officer.

Below I'm listing some simple questions.

What is the likelihood of deployment?
What is the likelihood that I could attend college?
In this MOS, will I have other opportunities to take on, like MCMAP or other qualification courses?
Can I be killed during daily operations within this MOS?
What is a 0400/2300 Marine's day consist of? Stateside? Deployed?

Those are all the questions that come to mind, but if I have more, I will not hesitate to list them. I appreciate any effort made to help me out.
Respectfully,
-Poolee W.

josephd
10-04-10, 05:13 AM
0400...I have no idea, hopefully another Marine here will chime in

As for 2300, I believe you have to be an NCO and have a few pumps under your belt to even be considered for EOD

Poolee W
10-04-10, 10:01 AM
With respect, I want to thank you for your reply, however my research has shown there's two types of "EOD." The MOS I listed is a basic entry level MOS. I do know it has nothing to do with IED defusing; that MOS is 2336, and you are correct about that particular one. It requires a grade of E-5 Sergeant or E-4 Corporal with a waiver (Particularly reserved for Corporals re-enlisting), and it is a volunteer MOS. The one I am assigned is obviously not a volunteer one. Again, thank you for your reply; I await any answer from another Marine who may have experience with this field.
- Poolee W

colereynolds
06-01-11, 01:58 AM
Alright devilpup Im a 2311 ammotech its not the most glorified job and not the funnest but if you sign into it 0400 youll probably end up where im at. Look up a "2311 roadmap" and that will tell you what you need to know. Getting promoted quicker all depends on how u are as a marine.