PDA

View Full Version : Female Marine

MarineChick2012
09-29-10, 11:22 PM
Hey i'm joining next year in the dep program now and I have no idea on an mos but I don't wanna just get stuck with some desk job or a fill spot. does anyone have any ideas on what I can go into to get in on the action i know females can't do combat but what else is there to do that comes close or helps out with the war?:iwo:

Backhaus 1103
09-30-10, 12:22 AM
Motor T, Comm...
Waiting on someone to say something abou the name lol...

Gunner 0313
09-30-10, 12:34 AM
Motor T, Comm...
Waiting on someone to say something abou the name lol...

:flag:Someone will be all over it, guaranteed.

martinj
09-30-10, 01:28 AM
I got it. So I guess you made it through bootcamp there GI Jane. It's ok one day you will reach full wook status.

thewookie
09-30-10, 05:51 AM
but I don't wanna

Know your role.

BR34
09-30-10, 11:54 AM
Combat engineer.

tdrt
09-30-10, 12:16 PM
Remington Raider

MarineChick2012
09-30-10, 05:14 PM
I do know my role and i know i can't do combat so dont get all defensive i'm just not joining the marine corps to sit behind a desk or push papers

Underdawg
09-30-10, 05:25 PM
You're picture is retarded, first off.

Second, theres a slim chance you will get the MOS you "want". Unless your recruiter is Jesus walking on water, the best he or she can do is give you a contract for a specific type of MOS. So pick a few, and don't believe everything they tell you. Stay motivated, stay focused and do whatever you can to prepare yourself. This forum is a good place to start learning. I was a poolee for 7 months before going to bootcamp. Now I'm just like all the other Marines here, Family. Remember that, because someone telling you to know your place might seem harsh now, but you'll understand its a daily task once you become a Marine.

MarineChick2012
09-30-10, 05:28 PM
You're picture is retarded, first off.

Second, theres a slim chance you will get the MOS you "want". Unless your recruiter is Jesus walking on water, the best he or she can do is give you a contract for a specific type of MOS. So pick a few, and don't believe everything they tell you. Stay motivated, stay focused and do whatever you can to prepare yourself. This forum is a good place to start learning. I was a poolee for 7 months before going to bootcamp. Now I'm just like all the other Marines here, Family. Remember that, because someone telling you to know your place might seem harsh now, but you'll understand its a daily task once you become a Marine.

i know i need a few thats why i'm asking and everyone sayin know your role is only getting old because im not asking for combat just advice where im not sittin behind a desk and thx for your advice it helps

usmc3521
09-30-10, 05:31 PM
lmao at underdawg.........

Underdawg
09-30-10, 05:42 PM
This is a really good way to at least begin to understand what its like to think like a Marine.... Start implementing the 14 Leadership Traits into your every day life. This is the clearest, easiest to understand version I found, and trust me I looked.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usmc/leadership_traits.htm

As far as MOS go, Motor T, Combat Camera (sometimes), MP & K-9 Handler (you have to lat move to K-9 handler), Combat Engineer, Intel (sometimes), if you want to go to college or join ROTC then you could fly some pretty cool aircraft IN combat, most supply MOS's will go on convoys with the gear they tally, so theres a combat risk in that. I'm an Ammo Tech, so I'm around ammo all the freakin time, lots of risk lol. Also, the Marines doing your pay and distributing your mail, are still Marines, and make the same paycheck as you. So if theres something you like to do or are good at, just stick with it, because you'll excel and learn alot more (for free). I have a friend who loved working on cars, and he gets to take apart trucks and fix them now, he loves it.

Lisa 23
09-30-10, 05:56 PM
MarineChick.........counting your eggs before they're hatched on the username, huh!

Young lady, if you can't handle a bit of criticism on the internet, then you won't be able to handle it in boot camp.

Don't knock down the Marines who are 'paper pushers' or those 'sitting behind a desk'. EVERY MOS in the Marine Corps is very important!
If you want to know what MOS is best suited for you, then start doing some research on Marine Corps MOS's.

And try capitalizing Marine Corps.

thewookie
09-30-10, 05:59 PM
i know i can't

You do not know what you CAN"T do until you have tried and failed.

Your role, is to do what the Corps wants with you, be that a paper pusher or a Lioness. You "could" get combat time in any number of MOS's. Some have been mentioned. You might not be kicking doors, azzes, and taking names. But if you do your job well, and therefore are respected by your peers, then you might find a way to make your "goal" come true.

http://www.us*************/3806/female-lioness-program-trains-marines/

Backhaus 1103
09-30-10, 06:03 PM
Learn the Fleet Marine Force corps values
1. Lie
2. Cheat
3. Steal

Now say aye Lance Corporal

usmc3521
09-30-10, 06:06 PM
Learn the Fleet Marine Force corps values
1. Lie
2. Cheat
3. Steal

Now say aye Lance Corporal

hahahah, no more laughter, Im going to "mel gibson" my wife now

thewookie
09-30-10, 06:07 PM
http://gazingattheflag.blogspot.com/2007/03/faces-of-freedom-marine-lioness-program.html

The site is blocking out that first link. Try this new one above, or Google Marine Lioness and start reading.

RYDERKUR
09-30-10, 06:42 PM
hahahah, no more laughter, Im going to "mel gibson" my wife now

LMFAO. Holy $hit man. You ok? Is there something we need to talk about? Anything to get off your chest? LMAO, that's funny bro. :flag:

usmc3521
09-30-10, 06:44 PM
yeah Im GTG LOL, I just enjoy getting a rise out of others with awesomely random things!!!

Underdawg
09-30-10, 07:34 PM
I foresee this thread being locked LOL.

gonzo4
09-30-10, 07:47 PM
Underdawg you are crazy and I miss you. Where are you at and what is going on? Anyway "MarineChick2012" I HATE when wannabes act all moto and have Marine for everything. Secondly, I know you wanna see action so do I that is why I am here. So find something that can get you close. For me I went Combat Camera like Underdawg had mentioned. It get's you out there is you go to a unit that will deploy. We lost a ComCam photographer 2 days ago and it hits really hard being we are such a small community. I am female and I deploy in January. I haven't even hit the fleet yet and I am on a manifest to go to Afghanistan. So it is a HUGE reality you will find something that gets you there. But be careful for what you wish for... And make sure you get an MOS field you really want. I woulnd't have gone to boot camp without my Media Option contract. Any more questions just ask.

CallMeBob
09-30-10, 08:32 PM
Try to become a 3043 so then you can become a MarineW.

MarineChick2012
10-01-10, 12:29 AM
no disrespect sir every job serves a purpose i wasn't trying to disrespect any one with those mos simply stating its not for me and ha ya the marinechick thing has just been an email i put 2012 in for the year i could maybe have the honor of becoming a marine

MarineChick.........counting your eggs before they're hatched on the username, huh!

Young lady, if you can't handle a bit of criticism on the internet, then you won't be able to handle it in boot camp.

Don't knock down the Marines who are 'paper pushers' or those 'sitting behind a desk'. EVERY MOS in the Marine Corps is very important!
If you want to know what MOS is best suited for you, then start doing some research on Marine Corps MOS's.

And try capitalizing Marine Corps.

MarineChick2012
10-01-10, 12:32 AM
thank you for the advice and ya thinking about changing that lot of people commenting on it it's just been an email i've used i put the 2012 because that is the year i hope to honored with the title but once again thx for the advice in doing your part

Underdawg you are crazy and I miss you. Where are you at and what is going on? Anyway "MarineChick2012" I HATE when wannabes act all moto and have Marine for everything. Secondly, I know you wanna see action so do I that is why I am here. So find something that can get you close. For me I went Combat Camera like Underdawg had mentioned. It get's you out there is you go to a unit that will deploy. We lost a ComCam photographer 2 days ago and it hits really hard being we are such a small community. I am female and I deploy in January. I haven't even hit the fleet yet and I am on a manifest to go to Afghanistan. So it is a HUGE reality you will find something that gets you there. But be careful for what you wish for... And make sure you get an MOS field you really want. I woulnd't have gone to boot camp without my Media Option contract. Any more questions just ask.

MarineChick2012
10-01-10, 12:34 AM
ok thank you sir

You do not know what you CAN"T do until you have tried and failed.

Your role, is to do what the Corps wants with you, be that a paper pusher or a Lioness. You "could" get combat time in any number of MOS's. Some have been mentioned. You might not be kicking doors, azzes, and taking names. But if you do your job well, and therefore are respected by your peers, then you might find a way to make your "goal" come true.

http://www.us*************/3806/female-lioness-program-trains-marines/

indygti
10-01-10, 06:43 AM
There are some pretty awesome comments ITT. The Mel Gibson my wife comment got me the most.

Lisa 23
10-01-10, 06:54 AM
no disrespect sir every job serves a purpose i wasn't trying to disrespect any one with those mos simply stating its not for me and ha ya the marinechick thing has just been an email i put 2012 in for the year i could maybe have the honor of becoming a marine

Have you even looked at my profile, or for that fact, my avatar.....geeesh!

And when using the word Marine, it will be capitalized at all times.

You may also want to familiarize yourself with the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

tdrt
10-01-10, 08:45 AM
Have you ever heard of capitalization and punctuation? Those run-on sentances are brutal.

Underdawg
10-01-10, 08:54 AM
Lol this thread is freaking hilarious.

Old Marine
10-01-10, 10:05 AM
This thread sucks..........Nothing but a bunch of kids rambling about nothing. Waste of bandwith.

Backhaus 1103
10-01-10, 12:48 PM
So....internet's free for me. Thank you room mate hahahahahha...ha

doc h fmf
10-01-10, 01:21 PM
Justine Join The Navy And Become A Devil Doc Like Me,
Just A Suggestion Anyway Justine Semper Fi And Goodluck In Your Endevers.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

BR34
10-01-10, 08:02 PM
I'm going to be the dick and say the un PC **** that lost of male Marines and I'm sure some female Marines also think is the best thing a new female Marine can do.

DON'T BE A SLUT!

Now, have a great night.

thewookie
10-01-10, 08:25 PM
DON'T BE A SLUT!

With a jerseyshorelike screen-name and shallow questions like these -- I'll be very surprised if she ever steps on those famous yellow footprints.

Backhaus 1103
10-01-10, 08:26 PM
LMAO...I knew someone was going to do it!

Wyoming
10-01-10, 08:55 PM
I'm going to be the dick and say the un PC **** that lost of male Marines and I'm sure some female Marines also think is the best thing a new female Marine can do.

DON'T BE A SLUT!

Now, have a great night.

Proud of you BR, it needed to be said.

Barracks ***** is not a good MOS.

Wyoming
10-01-10, 09:03 PM
With a jerseyshorelike screen-name and shallow questions like these -- I'll be very surprised if she ever steps on those famous yellow footprints.

16yo. She'll change her mind in the next 2 years as many times as I change flies, when the Browns and Cutthroats are deep, and I am working surface.

martinj
10-01-10, 09:04 PM
Proud of you BR, it needed to be said.

Barracks ***** is not a good MOS.

It's not? I know plenty of guys that love female Marines with such a highly respectable MOS. But hey you need them it's good for troop welfare.