PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to Military School?

gunrunner4205
09-28-10, 02:33 AM
Im in 10th grade and I was kicked from my school and now I cant find a school that will take me. So I must waite a simester to join a high school that is'nt very good anyway it has gangs and drugs. Im not that smart
I do ok in school but im not exacly avg ether. If I had a environment where I could focus on my studys. Im not a bad student or anything. I just have a hard time in school. As long as i can rember i wanted to join the military. Would a military school help me on my way to the Corps????

Phantom Blooper
09-28-10, 08:04 AM
Im not that smart

Brains are GREAT....Common sense is a virtue....pick one!

Evidently you are not a rock....

And if you have any inklings of in your blood of a soldier r in a gang....

The military is not for you.

Would a military school help me on my way to the Corps????

The military in general has self imposed discipline....

Can you follow a schedule and put up with...most of times....a standardized regime?

The Marine Corps instills Discipline...body and mind....do you have it?

Answer these questions....then look at the man in the mirror.....and answer your own question.

If you get thrown out of public schools...a military school may help....

If accepted....and you will still have to show intestinal fortitude...initiative ... motivation..... self dicipline..... and most of all pride and honor.

If you don't have those.....

Then nothing pertaining to a military life style would be up your road in Life.

:evilgrin:

viper1833
09-28-10, 10:00 AM
1. Spelling and Grammar are def two subjects you need help in.

2. Kids are stupid, don't let it bother you.

3. Worry about yourself, and not others.

4. Get good grades, stay in shape.

5. Stay off drugs, booze, and other crap, the older you get it will catch up to you

6. Stay Motivated, and do what you have to do.

7. When you accomplish all these things, go see your local Marine Recruiter.

Wyoming
09-28-10, 12:03 PM
You are 21!

In the 10th grade?

Kicked out of school.

Favorite Marine - my father(chris jordan)
WTF? I bet Daddy is real proud.

Your 2nd question to anyone should be, 'Do you want fries with that order?'.

Backhaus 1103
09-28-10, 06:06 PM
Go to a regular high school and enjoy your time there. Live your life normally. Don't do the military BS because you'll get plenty of that if you enlist and will probably regret that you missed out on four years of freedom in high school.
Unless you know you won't graduate in a public school, then by all means, do the military thing.

usmc3521
09-28-10, 06:32 PM
kill yourself.......

Wyoming
09-28-10, 07:29 PM
Go to a regular high school and enjoy your time there. Live your life normally. Don't do the military BS because you'll get plenty of that if you enlist and will probably regret that you missed out on four years of freedom in high school.
Unless you know you won't graduate in a public school, then by all means, do the military thing.

No offense, but did you read the previous posts, or check his profile?

Telling him to go back to HS, and enjoy.

SAY WHAT!!

He is 21, and kicked out of the 10th grade. Maybe can go back next semester to a school with gangs and drugs.

Lets see, 10th grade = 21 or 22, 11th grade = 22 or 23, and 12th grade, 23 or 24 years old.

You bet, go back and enjoy HS with those underage split tails.

Old Marine
09-28-10, 08:11 PM
If you are not very careful in your life, at your age you could go to jail. Some do get their GED there, and the instructor has a captive audience.

Backhaus 1103
09-28-10, 08:38 PM
No offense, but did you read the previous posts, or check his profile?

Telling him to go back to HS, and enjoy.

SAY WHAT!!

He is 21, and kicked out of the 10th grade. Maybe can go back next semester to a school with gangs and drugs.

Lets see, 10th grade = 21 or 22, 11th grade = 22 or 23, and 12th grade, 23 or 24 years old.

You bet, go back and enjoy HS with those underage split tails.

Hence the reason why I said if you know you can't graduate, go to military school.

Phantom Blooper
09-28-10, 08:56 PM
I didn't look at the age.... but after looking... military school isn't for you either....

So this now means that you have to stand on your own two dogs and do something about it and be productive.

Quit making excuses....allot of young men graduated from high schools in the hood all over the USA and made it into the armed forces.

Reach down and grab some manhood and grow up....get a GED and 15 college credits then see if you have the self discipline to have what it takes to get the process started.

Military schools are most appropriate for children and teenagers who do not struggle from any significant underlying emotional or behavioral problems. Military schools do not generally offer or make available, appropriate therapy or other types of psychological interventions for struggling teens. They are unable to deal with student's that are defiant, manipulative or that might need therapy. In fact, some psychologists would argue that the disciplinary nature of military schools without working on any underlying emotional problems could prove a disservice to troubled teenagers who are truly suffering from an emotional or behavioral problem. Although the child might begin to show an improvement in behavior when under the strict supervision of the school, parents will often see a complete reversal a few weeks after the child returns home for summer break or other vacation periods.

Military Schools are not designed to deal with teens in crisis and therefore internalization (learn more about internalization) which is a critical component needed for making long lasting changes is often neglected. There are Specialty Boarding Schools that have a very satisfactory track record for working with troubled teenagers and many of their students are able to successfully internalize their positive changes in behavior and outlook on life. Parents may needlessly delay essential interventions because they think the military-style discipline is giving their teen help when it is not actually dealing with the issues that underlie his or her behavior.

Troubled teenagers with behavioral and/or emotional problems need an individualized emotional growth aspect so they are able to acquire the life skills critical in becoming a productive, adult. Following orders or obeying rules is only one aspect of behavior modification.

Even with such impressive results, military schools occupy only a tiny niche in the education world. "It's not for everybody. It's for a small number of kids," says Virginia Military Institute superintendent Josiah Bunting. "But it does a pretty good job for kids who lack focus and need discipline." That raises an obvious question: Are these schools living in the past or riding the wave of the future?

Tuition is expensive at all such schools--$15,000 to $20,000 a year at the priciest institutions, as low as $6,500 for instate residents at the New Mexico Military Institute. But if school vouchers become readily available, cost will be less of a deterrent.

More importantly, as secondary education drowns in foolish educational theories, military high schools operate on a winning formula: hard work, loyalty, a sense of community, individual purpose, and personal discipline. Some sophisticates deride that philosophy as simplistic, but many parents hail it as a wise "back to basics" approach now sadly lacking from most public schools.

Military Schools are able most of the time to deliver a much better academic program than traditional public schools are able to offer. Military Schools focus on teamwork and academics and although many in the past have taken troubled teenagers, most military schools shy away from teens with more profuse problems and are not adequate in helping troubled teenagers in need of behavior modification

:evilgrin:

sparkie
09-28-10, 09:02 PM
wow,,,,,,, Lets make Peewee Herman the CMC,,,,,,,,,,

Phantom Blooper
09-28-10, 09:05 PM
gunrunner4205...

Are you sure you are 21 and not 15 years old.....

Since your are having trouble with school subjects...maybe you math is a little fuzzy...and you are having a problem deciphering.:evilgrin:

gunrunner4205
09-28-10, 09:14 PM
i am 16 and i thank you all for your input on the subject tho sum were very negative.i have made up my mind for the time being.

tdrt
09-29-10, 08:19 AM
i am 16 and i thank you all for your input on the subject tho sum were very negative.i have made up my mind for the time being.

Which is?

martinj
09-29-10, 09:12 AM
Which is?

Mcdonalds or even better yet Burger King! You know why? Cause you can have it YOUR way. That appeals to a child who would rather do stupid sh!t and get kicked out of school(probably thought he was a hard ass) than do what you need to too have a successful life.

viper1833
09-29-10, 11:21 AM
Mcdonalds or even better yet Burger King! You know why? Cause you can have it YOUR way. That appeals to a child who would rather do stupid sh!t and get kicked out of school(probably thought he was a hard ass) than do what you need to too have a successful life.

Dude I stole that for my signature, nice wording btw :D

Backhaus 1103
09-29-10, 11:46 AM
Nice

gunrunner4205
09-29-10, 04:47 PM
im going to slow down and try not to rush into life i have a long time to go so i should enjoy it. and if im still motivated to become a Marine after i get a diploma then by god i will

sparkie
09-29-10, 06:55 PM
And in time, proper punctuation, grammer. capitalization,,,,,,,,,,,,. Who knows. The sky is the limit.

usmc3521
09-29-10, 07:02 PM
maybe you should stop being a dumbf*ck get a diploma and stay out of legal trouble, then try and join the Corps. Until then get the F*CK off this site, hit the books and act like a decent mother f*cking human being in school and you might just have a slim chance at getting a recruiter to work with you

Backhaus 1103
09-29-10, 07:07 PM
maybe you should stop being a dumbf*ck get a diploma and stay out of legal trouble, then try and join the Corps. Until then get the F*CK off this site, hit the books and act like a decent mother f*cking human being in school and you might just have a slim chance at getting a recruiter to work with you

holy sh!t lol

Wyoming
09-29-10, 07:20 PM

Right on!

holy sh!t lol

Hope you weren't having a problem here! This is something the kids Mommy and Daddy should be doing anyway.

Besides, his profile still says he is 21, AND his favorite Marine is his Father.
Favorite Marine my father(chris jordan)

Daddy ought to be busting his ass.

sparkie
09-29-10, 07:22 PM
I concure,,,,,, What Al said.

Backhaus 1103
09-29-10, 07:48 PM
laughing

Sgt Leprechaun
10-01-10, 11:42 PM
Grammar. It can be....your friend.

It's painfully obvious WHY you should, if you can, go back to school. In some form or another. If you can't go to school due to work or whatnot...then start reading. NOW. Library cards are FREE. If you don't own one, get one.

It's possible that dad isn't around for our young Padawan. Or just doesn't care. One of those things, I'm afraid.

In the end, there is always Barber college.

kerplunk
10-08-11, 10:00 PM
Military school (http://www.militaryschools411.com/) can be a wonderful and fulfilling experience. You would learn to make your own way but also how to work well with others for a common goal. It would give you a wonderful start if you plan to enter the military after high school.

m14ed
10-09-11, 02:51 AM

I'm beginning to wonder just what these kids do for entertainment.
Your profile says your age is 22 years. Wake the "F" up and correct it.

Big difference to give advise to a 16yo than @ 22..
GED's arent really worth much nowdays as a standard piece of paper to verify an education...
Military school may perhaps be your redemption for the future.
(imho)

Marine1011
10-09-11, 07:03 AM
a year old thread

Old Marine
10-09-11, 10:20 AM
Catholic school is an option. The sisters would love it.

afraziaaaa
10-11-11, 09:07 AM
Im in 10th grade and I was kicked from my school and now I cant find a school that will take me. So I must waite a simester to join a high school that is'nt very good anyway it has gangs and drugs. Im not that smart
I do ok in school but im not exacly avg ether. If I had a environment where I could focus on my studys. Im not a bad student or anything. I just have a hard time in school. As long as i can rember i wanted to join the military. Would a military school help me on my way to the Corps????

This is my opinion:

A military school would be great for you whether you wound up joining the military or not.