PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter problems.

itsy
09-27-10, 05:29 PM
So I had about 3 appointments with my recruiter had me take the ASVAB first time said I did decent and the second time I took it I did bad. The recruiter made it seem I'll be a polee by the end of this week. He never got back to me so I called him several times and he said I can't work with you till you're back at your traditional highschool(I got to a continuation highschool right now). I said alright I'll be on it. I called him a couple times just because I had some questions and he never answered. Now I'm going back to the traditional school and he is not answering my calls at all. Told him I got my ASVAB scores relatively high taking the online test What do I do? I don't want to let one recruiter ruin my dreams of becoming a Marine. There is no other local recruiters the next one would be in Los Angeles about an hour and a half a way.

viper1833
09-27-10, 06:33 PM
Heres an idea bright one, instead of relying on a phone call. Get off your butt study a little more for the ASVAB, take your paperwork showing your back in traditional schooling. Then have your parents drive you, take a cab, bus, bicycle, walk, hovercraft, or whatever down to the Recruiters Office, and talk to him. Your gonna have to do some leg work, its called dedication, and following things through.

Old Marine
09-27-10, 06:50 PM
It takes you an hour and a half from Irvine to LA. What are you using for transportation? You need to report to the Recruiters Office and be standing tall in front of his desk when he reports for work. End of story.

itsy
09-27-10, 06:58 PM
It sounds like I'm not being aggressive enough but I really am. I'll show up tomorrow call back or no call back. And I normally bus around just because I share a car, so transportation is difficult. Appreciate the feedback just wanted an opinion.

DanM
09-27-10, 07:09 PM
If you live in Irvine,Ca. and Google "Marine Corps Recruiters" there appears to be at least 4 offices within 20 miles.

usmc3521
09-27-10, 07:12 PM
do you have a diploma?? What is this "continuation thing" would that be what we here in Michigan call ALC "*******s last chance" or alternative learning center?

itsy
09-27-10, 07:16 PM
do you have a diploma?? What is this "continuation thing" would that be what we here in Michigan call ALC "*******s last chance" or alternative learning center?
Not yet, I graduate this June. It is a alternative highcshool, I got caughr behind credits my sophomore year and this continuation highschool offers a credit system that would catch me up before I graduate. I still have 5 periods, homework, and normal teachers.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-28-10, 12:26 AM
Good. Do an 'in person' show up. The recruiter likely gets 50-75 phone calls a day. He has to prioritize and sort the wheat from the chaff.

Don't take it personal.