PDA

View Full Version : Question about MCMAP

luis2787
09-25-10, 03:31 PM
after you finish boot camp and MCT and School when can you go for your next belt and were do you have to travel to get to get qualified for it?

Backhaus 1103
09-25-10, 04:02 PM
Marines in your unit will be brown and black belt instructors.

Ceckert85
09-25-10, 04:06 PM
Once you graduate boot and mct, you have mos school. once all thats done and you get to ur unit and u are checked in. talk to ur cpls and sgts and find out what u can do

luis2787
09-25-10, 07:32 PM
okay thank you =)

scifguard
09-25-10, 08:24 PM
They actually ran MCMAP courses at my school and got most everybody up to green.

luis2787
09-25-10, 09:45 PM
im trying to get field radio operator as my mos

Beltayn
09-28-10, 05:38 PM
It will depend on your unit.
There's a shortage of MCMAP instructors, and units get prioritized. Also, you may find yourself in a low-priority unit that has a bunch of MCMAP gurus just randomly, or you may be in a unit that doesn't have any.

In general, combat arms units will have available instructors, while support, air wing, and non-deployable units are more of a toss-up.

Backhaus 1103
09-28-10, 05:59 PM
In general, combat arms units will have available instructors, while support, air wing, and non-deployable units are more of a toss-up.

It's probably the opposite.

Beltayn
09-29-10, 05:29 PM
You think so? Grass is greener I guess, lol.

usmc3521
09-29-10, 06:52 PM
mcmap is GAY. Yes I want to learn glorified tae kwon dill doe and make my enemy tap out......... for you youngsters we did L.I.N.E (linear infighting nerual override engagement) There were 12 lines I think all together( i trained up to 8) the **** was NO JOKE, you want to learn to kill someone learn line. Unlike mcmap which is geared more to your opponent standing still and perfect scenarios, Line taught you to royally murder someone and there unborn children in an imperfect situation. To this day I know LINE without even thinking( we wont mention the bar fight my wife and I got in lol, If you want to know pm me, put it this way LINE kicked in 1 guy ended up with a broken arm at the elbow, one a dislocated patella before about 5 bouncers jumped on me,ahhh good times!) Anyway, LINE is the ****, save mcmap and its carnival tricks for after school karate practice

LoveOfCountry
09-30-10, 03:34 PM
The class before mine got up to green. My class did ZERO MCMAP at MOS school. We're all still tan belts :(

usmc3521
09-30-10, 05:28 PM
go ninja kick your plt sgt right in the nuggets and tell him your ****ed that your not an official USMC ninja by now

Backhaus 1103
09-30-10, 05:49 PM
I'm happy with my tan belt, I'd wear a web belt. MCMAP is retarded. You try doing that bullsh!t in a flak and tell me how it goes.

usmc3521
09-30-10, 05:57 PM
do I even rate a belt lmao? Guess it back to square one for me!

LoveOfCountry
10-01-10, 08:32 AM
Why did they stop teaching LINE, and where do you find instructors for it? Sounds like my "cup of tea."

indygti
10-01-10, 09:06 AM
do I even rate a belt lmao? Guess it back to square one for me!

Twine it is!

usmc3521
10-01-10, 12:28 PM
kick ass I love twine! Ill be like robin hood! GAY lol

NightHawk94
10-10-10, 06:43 PM
Why did they stop teaching LINE, and where do you find instructors for it? Sounds like my "cup of tea."

Line was much better than MCMAP, either way no matter what you learn you need to compliment it with another MA. They unfortunately got rid of Line and created MCMAP since the Marines have taken on more of a peace keeping force/ Police... So the stalk and kill is now saved for Special Forces. If you study another MA that is field combat suitable then you can start to make a nitch for yourself within your unit. Even though MCMAP sucks, you can find a way to make if work for you to become proficient in a worthy MA near the base.