PDA

View Full Version : Transfer from Reserve to Regular Marine Corp while Mobilized

Bwub
09-24-10, 12:35 PM
A little background to my question.... My husbands intention before he joined the Marine Corp was to join Active Duty. But we had a recruiter that looked at our situation and helped us to realize that PFC pay was probably not ehough for a family of four and suggested he go the Reservist route. We felt we could have figure it out financially, but the waiver process was fairly extensive and we decided that his idea of joining as a reservist and trandsferring to AD at a more appropriate time would be best for us. This was hard for my husband to swallow, as his life long dream was to be a Marine, but oops... I got ahold of him first :)

With all that said, the plan was always to transfer after his first deployment, because it was right around the corner...we learned our lesson the hard way about the Marine Corp's time frame. We were told by numerous Marines that is is a smoother process to transfer while mobilized. So we waited and waited. And now 5 years later he is deployed to Afghanistan and this process is nothing but open ended and without answers. I get that its the Marine Corp and thats sort of how things work, but it would be great to get some answers from someone who has gone through this process. Not just for me but my husband. He is trying to bust his but to get this process going, but is hitting road blocks and alos has very little time. Not many Reservist from his unit are interest in getting him the answers he needs. Any advice? Anyone been through this process? I would love to throw some questions your way!