PDA

View Full Version : Uncommon situation

RoderiK
09-24-10, 01:18 AM
Hello Marines,

I'm in a complicated situation and was hoping for some insight.I'm 18 and I live with my family overseas(I'm a american citizen), but I'm going back to the US now in october with the purpose of enlisting in the USMC(MOS03).Now here are my questions:I guess that I'm not physically prepared to meet the Marines Standards yet, will the Recruter help me training PTs with me to meet those standards?

And, after the enlistment process begin what is the average time that I will have to wait to ship to boot camp?Because I have some family in the US but I can't stay with then for much time, and will be hard (money-wise) to support myself alone.I'm under a lot of pressure from my family, who don't want me to enlist.

Note 1:I was really overweight until I decided to join, I'm better now but I still need to lose some weight, just so you know that I'm working hard to enlist.

Note 2: I'm really sorry if I was disrespectfull in any matters with you Marines

josephd
09-24-10, 02:28 AM
yes your recruiter will help you, that is his job

from the time you DEP in to when you ship could be anywhere from a few weeks to a year. If you are going infantry plan on the latter

viper1833
09-24-10, 12:45 PM
Are one of your parents currently in the Service?

viper1833
09-24-10, 12:47 PM
yes your recruiter will help you, that is his job

from the time you DEP in to when you ship could be anywhere from a few weeks to a year. If you are going infantry plan on the latter

Ditto!!:D

RoderiK
09-24-10, 04:45 PM
Are one of your parents currently in the Service?
Unfortunately no, Sir.

viper1833
09-24-10, 04:59 PM
Well the best advice I can give you is come back to the states if joining the Marine Corps is what you want to do. Comeback get a job, save some money get your financial situation, and a stable home life going first. Then once you do all that go see the recruiter, and enlist. As long as you don't have any potential medical, tattoo, scar, criminal history, etc issues you should be good to go. I'm sure when you enlist you will have to disclose the reasons while you where living overseas, what your parents do, and where you where actually staying. If you don't mind me asking why do you, and family live overseas. If there is an OPSEC issue that prevents you from telling me just say so.

RoderiK
09-24-10, 05:59 PM
Well the best advice I can give you is come back to the states if joining the Marine Corps is what you want to do. Comeback get a job, save some money get your financial situation, and a stable home life going first. Then once you do all that go see the recruiter, and enlist. As long as you don't have any potential medical, tattoo, scar, criminal history, etc issues you should be good to go. I'm sure when you enlist you will have to disclose the reasons while you where living overseas, what your parents do, and where you where actually staying. If you don't mind me asking why do you, and family live overseas. If there is an OPSEC issue that prevents you from telling me just say so.

No, I don't mind at all, my mom's family was making pressure to her come back to Brazil(she was a legal alien in the US) and then some time after hurricane andrew we moved(Unfortunately) do Brazil. And I have some mosquito bite scars in one of my arms , can this a problem?

RoderiK
09-24-10, 11:16 PM
Oh my gosh you didn't hear? They won't let anyone from brazil join the Marines!I'm a US citizen, I just happen to live in Brazil

pyropinoy
09-25-10, 05:38 AM
I'm a US citizen, I just happen to live in Brazil

Man I'm pretty sure that he's just yanking your chain I had a Marine in my unit that was brazilian and well...he was a Marine.

as far as your situation...some one said early in the forum that you should come back to the states and get a job and such over there..

It can take awhile to get in and sometimes at the last minute some sort of medical emergency or such can pop up.. Hope that you make it and good luck

RoderiK
09-29-10, 01:46 AM
Well, thank you for your time Marines. I hope that in some months I will come here to tell you guys that I earn the title, Thanks again