PDA

View Full Version : Marine Reserve

shayanne24
09-16-10, 08:52 PM
I'm a 16 year old girl in high school. I'm a junior this year. Two Marine recruiter's came into my school with information and to get a list of students interested so they could come back in January and talk to each of us one on one. I was thinking about joining the Marine Reserve. I was wondering if a former Marine has any advic for me in making this desicion?

josephd
09-16-10, 09:26 PM
There is no "former Marines" here on this forum

Lisa 23
09-16-10, 09:40 PM
And...it's a decision that you have to make. It's your life and you have to choose what you want to do with it.

Backhaus 1103
09-16-10, 09:47 PM
Well what would you do if you don't join?

SSgtGregThomas
09-20-10, 08:59 AM
I'm a 16 year old girl in high school. I'm a junior this year. Two Marine recruiter's came into my school with information and to get a list of students interested so they could come back in January and talk to each of us one on one. I was thinking about joining the Marine Reserve. I was wondering if a former Marine has any advic for me in making this desicion?
This is a very important and life-changing decision you have in front of you, and it's not one that has to be made over night.

The Marine Corps is not right for everyone, and the recruiter can help determine if it's the right fit for you.

The best advice I can give you is to evaluate within yourself what your goals are in life and how you expect to achieve them. Also, keep in mind that, over time, those goals can and probably will change, so decisions made now should be flexible enough to accommodate those changes.

In the end, no one can tell you what the best decision is for you; that's something you and you alone are going to have to decide.

DrZ
09-20-10, 09:12 AM
Take a long, hard look at your life. Look at your long term goals. What do you want to do when you become an adult? Is university in your plans? If you want to go into the Marines....do you want to go enlisted immediately...or go to university and go in as an officer?

There are many things to take into account prior to joining the Marines or any branch of the military.

You are 16 and you have time. Talk with your parents. Their support is very important to your decisions.

FattyTheFerret
09-20-10, 12:11 PM
If you're trying to decide between active duty and reserve the key is whether or not you have something to fall back on in the civilian world. Reservists need to have a job or school going on in order to survive because drill weekends pay very little.
There is no "former Marines" here on this forum
Sure there are. It's the proper terminology. :p