PDA

View Full Version : UV (security force) question

TannerT
09-16-10, 12:59 PM
I recently selected my preferred MOS selections and one of them was UV security. I have read online today that this will not be your permanent MOS and you will eventually become an 03. My recruiter did not explain this to me, so I am a little confused. Any help will be appreciated. God bless.

Backhaus 1103
09-16-10, 01:37 PM
Your mos is 0311 you'll go to SOI and become a grunt but won't go to the fleet, you'll go guard stuff or be in FAST for 3 years (I think) then go to the fleet and be a grunt for thw rest of your time. I think you have to sign a 5 years contract though.

TannerT
09-16-10, 03:16 PM
Your mos is 0311 you'll go to SOI and become a grunt but won't go to the fleet, you'll go guard stuff or be in FAST for 3 years (I think) then go to the fleet and be a grunt for thw rest of your time. I think you have to sign a 5 years contract though.

I'm confused because it is not my guaranteed MOS. I'm guaranteed one out of the three that i chose and i signed a four year contract. If this was my MOS would they extend my contract?

Lynn2
09-16-10, 04:52 PM
You signed a contract for a MOS or for one of three MOS?

What were the other 2?

Nothing to add just curious

TannerT
09-16-10, 05:14 PM
You signed a contract for a MOS or for one of three MOS?

What were the other 2?

Nothing to add just curious

I picked 3 Mos categories and I'm guaranteed one of them. At this point I can change them. The other two i picked was CBRN defense and Air Control/Air support.

Backhaus 1103
09-16-10, 05:18 PM
I'm confused because it is not my guaranteed MOS. I'm guaranteed one out of the three that i chose and i signed a four year contract. If this was my MOS would they extend my contract?

I dunno then, I guess sh!t has changed since I was a poolee.

spotts
09-16-10, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the grunts. LOl