PDA

View Full Version : General Question about Joining USMC

bertier
09-10-10, 01:32 PM
Here is the drift of my position. Have you ever felt as if you did something that you regret, and you are forced to live with? The only way to get out of it is to admit you short-comings and try to fix that wrong.

I did. I was an officer candidate for PLC 198 back in 2008, fired up and ready to go. I went, I got the dreaded cellulitis within the fix two weeks, then got extremely unmotivated, failed some tests, and decided that I was not worthy to become a Marine. At that I finally dropped on request (DOR'ed) and pursue my degree of religion for pastoral work.

Now I live with that. That I quite on myself and my fellow candidates. I tried in August of 2009 to get back into the OCS program, but my waiver was denied at the General Mec Reg office. So you know my situation.

As Marines, would you be willing to serve with a man that has understood that he quite, but also that Marines don't quite?

gkmoz
09-10-10, 01:44 PM
Perhaps a Naval Chaplin is your calling ?? God works in mysterious ways! you may have heard that before ? Moz USMC 68-70:thumbup:

2044 1978
09-10-10, 01:45 PM
Marines don't quite what?

bertier
09-10-10, 01:51 PM
Yeah I have heard that.

Marines don't give up. That is what I meant.

gkmoz
09-10-10, 01:58 PM
Wasn't that the name of Gary in "remember the titans" Gary Bertier ??

bertier
09-10-10, 02:08 PM
Yeah. It was, and that is kind of how I got the name. People called me Bert, then my basketball coach started calling me Bertier. Then it has been my screen name since then.

Backhaus 1103
09-10-10, 09:01 PM
I'm quite mistaken by your post and not quite sure what you mean by it.
You mean quit haha?
Personally, I don't give a sh!t, but if you lose motivation over cellulitis, I can't wait to see what happens when you're a boot Lt and get to the fleet...

yellowwing
09-10-10, 11:14 PM
Moving this topic to Ask a Marine.

TunTvrnWarrior
09-11-10, 12:13 AM
bertier, I got cellulitis at Edson Range in boot camp, spent a week at the hospital. it took a couple of weeks to get re-adjusted when I was assigned to a new platoon. I ignored the light duty chit and pressed on. Although I love the Corps and loved the Corps, I have to tell you.... You have a much better Boss right now.

If you are set about going back to the Corps, get your Masters and look at becoming a Navy Chaplin attatched to Marine Corps Units. I have a gut feeling you wont quit now. Forget your past and press on. If you dwell in the past, you will function in a cycle of failure.