PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Fun?

MotivatedJake
09-09-10, 01:29 PM
Im leaving for bootcamp in about 4 days, and i hear how it sucks and your going to hate it. But what about some good times in bootcamp? Any Marines have any interesting or fun times during bootcamp?

awbrown1462
09-09-10, 01:48 PM
your good time will be remembering what happen to you in Boot Camp after you Leave Boot Camp

josephd
09-09-10, 01:52 PM
boot camp sucks, but once you get used to the daily routine and getting slayed you will begin to have some fun with it/amuse yourself a bit. And then once you leave the depot you will look back on what a blast it was

DrZ
09-09-10, 02:00 PM
Boot camp is not meant to be fun. It is meant to train you to be a US Marine. Don't be looking for fun. Save yourself the time...because you simply won't find anything that is one hell of a lot of fun. Expect hell and you won't be disappointed. As you approach graduation.... and your DI puts you into the pit (or whatever is used now).... you will find it is a bit of a joke because you will be in such good shape.... you will be easily doing what he demands.

Go earn your title. Then come back and tell us about the fun you found.
Good Luck Poolee.

Endurance89
09-09-10, 02:02 PM
Swim Qual is fun, table 2 is a blast, getting mail is always a treat.

MotivatedJake
09-09-10, 03:18 PM
Well I know its gonna suck. But is everyday really going to be hellish? Or will there be somedays better then others?

tdrt
09-09-10, 03:24 PM
Well I know its gonna suck. But is everyday really going to be hellish? Or will there be somedays better then others?

It is hard, yes, but it's going to be exactly what you make of it. If you think it's "going to be hellish", then it will be.

And you're not there to have "fun". You are there to become a Marine and it's not easy lest everyone else would be doing it. It's tough for a reason.

Backhaus 1103
09-09-10, 03:47 PM
1. Leaving that sh!t hole and never going back again (LOL if you get stationed there)
2. Made some good friends there
3. Rifle range was kind of fun at the time

Beltayn
09-09-10, 03:47 PM
I thought boot camp was pretty fun, personally.

RYDERKUR
09-09-10, 04:04 PM
The first month is "hellish" after that you live at work and get up early as **** and work weekends. That's basically boot camp. Nothing is really sweet, the range, for those who've shot before is just more shooting, it's a change in routine, but nothing special.

FattyTheFerret
09-10-10, 08:09 AM
You'll learn that you can find opportunities to have fun moments after a while. Just gotta know when to do things and weigh the fun factor against the possible consequences. Sometimes you just say frak it and do it anyways, punishment be damned because hell, if the guy says he's small enough to fit in a footlocker then damnit, he's gonna put his money where his mouth is.

hussaf
09-10-10, 09:52 AM
There's always fun to be had in bootcamp. It sucked and I wanted to get out the first two weeks, then I managed to have a good time. If you're not getting frustrated over **** you can't control then you will have enough presence of mind to realize how funny everything is.

As a generalization, many things that happen in the military are funnier/funner/better to speak about after the fact than when they are actually happening.

spotts
09-10-10, 10:08 AM
I didnt find anything funny about boot camp until months after I was out of boot camp. If you follow instructions and go in with a good working knowledge of the basic knowledge you should do fine..

lax379
09-10-10, 10:27 PM
It sucks but the little things are fun, like after lights talking with your rack mate and shooting the ****. Just dont get caught!

sparkie
09-11-10, 07:45 AM
Having the time to take a good healthy,,,,,,,, Most fun I remember.

JWG
09-11-10, 07:55 AM
Having the time to take a good healthy,,,,,,,, Most fun I remember.

Oh my, yes. Was the greatest feeling, 15 minutes after lights. Small slice of peace and relaxation. No swinging dicks fighting for a stall and no chaos, just you and the porcelain goddess. :beer:

..unless of course the duty night was your favorite kill hat, he never slept. Always ready to introduce some "good training." :evilgrin::thumbup:

Semper Fi.

HOWARDROARK3043
09-11-10, 11:45 AM
WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN----------------YOUR FIRST MEAL GO TO THE DI SIDE OF THE CHOW HALL SIT DOWN AND START TALKING T OTHEM LIKE IT IS NOT BOOT CAMP....... . and if you have a dollar or so,,,, tell them you got the tip--put a dollar down and get up and leve like noting happened.....................

0231Noodles
09-11-10, 01:37 PM
Boot camp was a bit tough for me. I was physically in shape (300pft) but I screwed up a few times in drill and well yea it goes from there. But looking back now I actually get a good laugh with fellow marines about it.

JWG
09-11-10, 01:45 PM
Boot camp was a bit tough for me. I was physically in shape (300pft) but I screwed up a few times in drill and well yea it goes from there. But looking back now I actually get a good laugh with fellow marines about it.

He he. Yea, same story here. I was OK physically when it came to PFT/IST/CFT, but boy did I mess up big a few times in drill. Kill hat was always on us, but if you ****ed off your Heavy Hat, look out. :scared::beer:

Backhaus 1103
09-11-10, 02:29 PM
I f*cking hated drill with a passion. It's funny how much of it you forget after a little while.
"Change Step..march".....uhhhh what

JWG
09-11-10, 05:52 PM
I f*cking hated drill with a passion. It's funny how much of it you forget after a little while.
"Change Step..march".....uhhhh what

My biggest problem was with the damn column left and rights. Everything else I think I did well on, but those really screwed over the rest of the platoon. Enjoyed drill, just didn't like letting everyone down. Could never get those quite right for some reason. Was glad when final drill was over, he he. :beer:

0231Noodles
09-11-10, 06:18 PM
oh man I had such a hard time with getting the rifles to stand correctly without collapsing hahah

McAnally
09-15-10, 04:04 PM
Boot Camp was the funest thing you never want to do again. I'm in MOS school now and al most of us do is talk about the times we had in boot camp and laugh. You'll find that there is no one you've ever known that you want to earn the respect of more than your Drill Instructors. There's no one you don't want to let down more than your fellow recruits. Your no longer worried about how it looks when you fail. You worry about what happens to that recruit next to you because you fail. You'll want to go home just about every day of first phase, and you'll cound down the days after that. Someone said boot is what you make of it and that couldn't be more true. Go in knowing it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done, and expect each day to be a little bit harder than the last. Keep in mind though that even if it is the hardest thing you've ever done. You CAN and WILL do it! Good luck

Backhaus 1103
09-15-10, 04:11 PM
Lol boot camp war stories...rah

Beltayn
09-15-10, 06:41 PM
"OMG THIS ONE TIME, AT BOOT CAMP..."
(American Pie voice)

RYDERKUR
09-15-10, 07:12 PM
Boot Camp was the funest thing you never want to do again. I'm in MOS school now and al most of us do is talk about the times we had in boot camp and laugh. You'll find that there is no one you've ever known that you want to earn the respect of more than your Drill Instructors. There's no one you don't want to let down more than your fellow recruits. Your no longer worried about how it looks when you fail. You worry about what happens to that recruit next to you because you fail. You'll want to go home just about every day of first phase, and you'll cound down the days after that. Someone said boot is what you make of it and that couldn't be more true. Go in knowing it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done, and expect each day to be a little bit harder than the last. Keep in mind though that even if it is the hardest thing you've ever done. You CAN and WILL do it! Good luck

I was going to laugh at your boot camp is "going to be the hardest thing you've ever done" thing, but then I saw yout MOS and then decided it was probably true :D

josephd
09-15-10, 08:13 PM
Lol boot camp war stories...rah

lmao!

Backhaus 1103
09-15-10, 08:17 PM
I was going to laugh at your boot camp is "going to be the hardest thing you've ever done" thing, but then I saw yout MOS and then decided it was probably true :D
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

me thinks your right though

rwest158497
09-15-10, 08:27 PM
Looking Back On Boot Camp Now ( 14 Extra Days For Being A Fat Body!! Pcp) I Still Cant Think Of Anything Funny. Just Kidding. I Wouldnt Trade That Experience For Any Other. Went In Weighing Around 210 Came Out At 155!!!.

sparkie
09-15-10, 08:58 PM
Looking Back On Boot Camp Now ( 14 Extra Days For Being A Fat Body!! Pcp) I Still Cant Think Of Anything Funny. Just Kidding. I Wouldnt Trade That Experience For Any Other. Went In Weighing Around 210 Came Out At 155!!!.

Hell yeh,,,,, 30 days PCP, and I lost 50 lbs. [yea,50]. Not fat,,,,weak. But when done I could go up a rope without touching it, and was guideon. I could run.

viper1833
09-16-10, 02:21 AM
For me personally Boot Camp was not that tough Physically, or mentally. The only time I ever really miss home was up North at Edson Range one time. I remember we had free time all morning, and most of the afternoon. Basically shi$, shower, shave, clean rifles, gear, square away the foot locker, etc, etc. I found some time to go sit in the head on the crapper for about 15 min and reflect on my decisions on joining the Marine Corps. Sat there missed home for a few min, then remotivated myself. Got off my butt, and finished the last few weeks of Boot Camp. It was fun, and now that I look back on it would not trade it for the world. Tell you what though me, and my buddy Hano where the first two from our Plt to leave that Parade Deck. Went back once to visit when I was still in, been wanting to go back at least one more time. :D

0231Marine
09-16-10, 04:13 AM
Don't worry, your DI's will have plenty of "fun".

advanced
09-16-10, 05:34 AM
Marching down to go get shots, that was a fun time because it meant a whole hour the DI's couldn't beat the crap out of you. We all really looked forward to shots.