PDA

View Full Version : Security Forces/Infantry

JBloms32769
09-08-10, 09:35 PM
Please don't be quick to throw me in the "Recon Wannabe" category, I have a sincere question about training opportunities, and no I don't play videogames. I also realize that I'm looking quite a ways down the road and the earning the title of Marine comes first. I am enlisted with a Security Forces Contract. This is a 5 year contact and is split approximately 3 years in Security Forces/2 years in the fleet as an Infantryman (approximately). I am wondering if after I return to the fleet and I meet the qualifications, will I be allowed to attend the Recon Indoc to tryout for Basic Recon Course? Or since I've already gone through Security Force training will the Corps not want to spend any more money on my training? I am very happy with my current MOS but just curious if I will still have the opportunity to try out for BRC later on. Thanks!

thewookie
09-08-10, 10:54 PM
will I be allowed to attend the Recon Indoc to tryout for Basic Recon Course?

So you don't want us to lump you into that recon wannabee category but you also want us to predict the future.

I'll work my magic 8 ball and try.... once you are done with security forces you can try out for recon. Now, whether you command is going to allow a boot to the fleet to do that, I don't know. I'll tell you what, get bootcamp done, finish your basic schools, get MCSF basic school done, and then work your azz off for the number of years that you are with SF towards your ultimate goal of Recon/MARSOC. You, and only you, control your future. If you really want recon after MCSF, then you need to direct all of your energy towards that.

Good luck.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-09-10, 12:15 AM
Best answer I've seen to that question yet. No further responses needed.