PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the Marine Corps Birthday....

DevilDogsSon269
09-01-10, 01:43 PM
So I will be at recruit training on the 10th of November. What do recruits do during the Marine Corps brithday or what should I expect to do?

Also when I get to the fleet what events take place on November 10th?

Kegler300
09-01-10, 01:48 PM
My platoon was in the pit on the Marine Corps Birthday...guess the drill instructors needed a little motivation before they headed out to the the Ball later that evening...

DevilDogsSon269
09-01-10, 01:49 PM
what do recruits do after the instructors leave for the ball?

So we get a reward/gift of more character building? Fun fun fun.

Lisa 23
09-01-10, 01:55 PM
You train to become a Marine like you would any other day.

Wyoming
09-01-10, 02:10 PM
Why don't you ask -

Favorite Marine My Dad, and Cousins Mike, Ryan, Jason, and Elizebeth

DevilDogsSon269
09-01-10, 02:14 PM
I dont ask my dad because its been a very longtime since he was in RT. I dont ask my cousins because none of them have been to recruit training during the winter and fall months.

Thanks WMarine, thats the answer I was looking for. I didnt know if anything changed that day since the Drill Instructors are Marines and prolly would celebrate some how. I am glad to hear it will be a normal day.

josephd
09-01-10, 03:27 PM
you won't do anything at all, just another training day. One of your drill instructors will be left on for duty that night of the ball and probably haze the hell out of you for not being able to go.

Then the next day you will get to deal with hung over and pi$$ed off DI's, your squad bay will reek like booze and it will be your fault

Zulu 36
09-01-10, 03:35 PM
You will NEVER not have a drill instructor on duty watching over you. They take turns spending the night in the duty hut.

FattyTheFerret
09-01-10, 09:03 PM
Most of the day will be normal but some recruits will be able to sit in the bleachers during the CG's speech and cake cutting.

If you're actually stepping on depot that day then I highly doubt you'll be involved in that. You probably won't notice a difference.

In the fleet it depends on the unit and location but there's usually a unit ball. Do yourself a favor and attend because if you decide not to you get screwed with.