PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe with a lot of down time

Vise
08-31-10, 01:13 PM
So I've been going to the Oakland RSS for about two months and I can't enlist until I turn 17 (which is in November). I go to poole functions as a guest and I go to every PT that they have because I'm stoked about joining the Corps. I've been brushing up on USMC history and I even downloaded the iCorps app for the iPhone, which is teaching me a lot. I also occasionally practice for the ASVAB. I find myself going to the RSS about once a week and even though my recruiter seems cool with me being there, I feel that I shouldn't go there as often as I do. For the meantime, I go to PT, participate in poole functions, or just do my homework. Should I just wait until November to do anything more with the RSS or should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

tdrt
08-31-10, 01:33 PM
Wow. I'm impressed -- you're pretty awesome!

Just keep clean and doing what you're doing. If your recruiter or anyone had a problem with you being there, they certainly would have let you know by now so keep going.

Lisa 23
08-31-10, 01:33 PM
In my opinion, keep doing what you're doing. :thumbup:
It shows initiative on your part towards your recruiter that you're very much interested in wanting to become a Marine!

Only other advice I can give you is to do good in school and stay out of trouble.

Backhaus 1103
08-31-10, 01:34 PM
You're doing way more than I ever did as a poolee.

Vise
08-31-10, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys. I was hoping I was doing the right thing. Since I'm usually the only non-marine in the office, I just stand out so I felt weird about it. But all of your feedback has given me more confidence.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-01-10, 12:26 AM
Keep on truckin kid! Impressive. And I didn't know there is an App for the iPhone...what is it?

Don't get discouraged and stay motivated.

Vise
09-01-10, 12:34 AM
It's called iCorps. Haha It has everything from cadences to workout plans.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-01-10, 12:36 AM
I might have to look at that. Even though I'm an old retired such and such.

Thanks!

Now hit the rack.

Vise
09-01-10, 12:40 AM
Ay-Ay Sergeant.