PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding MOS... Problematic perhaps?

DevilDogsSon269
08-31-10, 12:56 PM
I just got back from picking my MOS contract. I have been told that MCSF is not open as an entry level job. I was told that you have to be a Corporal to enter it. The question I have is, there is a UV contract and the information I have found online says that MCSF is open all the way down to E-1. Can anyone confirm whether or not my recruiter is telling me the truth about this or if she is trying to force me into straight infantry?
Thanks Marines. I just want to be sure that I will be going the right path. If I have to go infantry first so be it. I know the danger and I accept it, if I must kick in doors and fight I will. I am joining the Marines after all and no one should join if not willing to lose their lives.

Zulu 36
08-31-10, 01:17 PM
Sounds like someone is confusing Marine Security Forces with Marine Security Guard (Embassy stuff).

MSG is Cpl and up and is not an entry level job. Security Forces is an entry level job for infantrymen. However, MSF may be filled and unavailable. Don't know.

DevilDogsSon269
08-31-10, 01:33 PM
Okay Thanks. Is MCSF obtainable in ITB?

Zulu 36
08-31-10, 01:38 PM
Okay Thanks. Is MCSF obtainable in ITB?

I think you can get a contract for it. Make sure your recruiter knows you mean Security FORCES, not Security GUARD.

DevilDogsSon269
08-31-10, 02:01 PM
Aye Sir. I'll check with her immediately.