PDA

View Full Version : Questions about mos's

younger223
08-30-10, 09:32 PM
Hello Marines,

I leave for boot camp in December and can't wait. I will be doing something in combat support and one of the five jobs am open for is LAAD gunner. I have done a lot of research about it but they all just tell me that they basicly just do surface-to-air missiles and I would like to know from a Marine's perspective what exactly they do. Seems to me since there isn't any air threat in the Middle East then they wouldn't do too much.. but I am not sure. Thank you in advance for any advice.

younger223
08-30-10, 09:33 PM
Oh and none of my recruiters know anything about it.

Backhaus 1103
08-30-10, 10:10 PM
I'm gonna go with standing post...

younger223
08-30-10, 10:33 PM
I would be happy with anything really. As long as I am doing what the Corps needs. Do you really think thats about it?

josephd
08-30-10, 10:46 PM
as far was I was aware that LAAD MOS was being phased out

Backhaus 1103
08-31-10, 04:39 AM
I would be happy with anything really. As long as I am doing what the Corps needs. Do you really think thats about it?

Not really that big of a Taliban air threat now a days. And we'll see if you mean what you just said after stand in a box for 24 strait hours with an ANA or ANCIOP

younger223
08-31-10, 09:17 AM
Okay well sounds like there isnt a big chance I will get it. And I am sure there are parts of many mos's that a lot of people don't like, but someone has to do it. I am sure I would hate my job while doing that.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-01-10, 12:17 AM
I would look into something else, truthfully. The MOS is likely going to be VERY slow, promotion wise.

younger223
09-01-10, 09:11 AM
Okay. Thank you. I actually just signed the contract, but it was for combat support. LAAD gunner was one of five mos's in that option and my recruiter told me I probably won't end up with that. Thanks again for the advice.