PDA

View Full Version : Running help.

PoolieM
08-30-10, 12:32 PM
Good evening Marines.This poolee needs some good exercises to help increase my running game.I still PT at my recruiting station often and even stopped drinking soda and replaced it with water or tea.Problem is my 1 1/2 is 13:00.I'm aiming for 10:00.So on days that i'm not running I need some exercises to do at the park to increase help my run.

Thank you in advanced.

Lisa 23
08-30-10, 01:03 PM
Looks like it's still in the afternoon to me.

Not trying to come across as a smart a$$, but how about showing some initiative on your part.
Try using the search bar as this topic has been covered many times before. Also try searching the internet.

murphy10
08-30-10, 03:22 PM
1.Its afternoon poolee.
2.Run more and work out push yourself
This should be common sense you wont improve if you dont push yourself and strive for greatness

Sincerely,
Gunny

DrZ
08-30-10, 03:45 PM
If you want to decrease your running time.... increase the amount of time you practice running. You have to teach your body how to push past the pain and continue going when you want to quit. If you do that.... you will cut down on your time.

If you want to run 20 minutes for 3 miles..... then you need to set a pace of 9 mph. Go to a gym where you can set a treadmill at 9mph and just start running. Program your body to run at that pace and work until you can achieve it.

Supersquishy
08-30-10, 03:48 PM
Do wind sprints at the park. Running is not easy or everyone would have 18 minute 3 miles. Run as much as you can but take a day off at least once a week for your body to recoupe. I run at least 2.5 miles a day and some of that has hills and I always am sucking wind at the end, meaning Im pushing myself past the comfort zone.