PDA

View Full Version : Waiverable? (Already read the FAQ)

Goethe
08-28-10, 09:09 PM
Hello, I have a question about MEPS for the USMC. I have wanted to be a Marine since I was a little kid, and the only thing standing in my way of enlisting is the fact that I have very minor eczema...

Lisa 23
08-28-10, 09:35 PM
Filling out your profile would be a good start.

The only people who can give you the best answers to your questions are the folks from MEPS. The Marines here can't tell you whether a waiver will be approved or not.

Goethe
08-28-10, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the information, I have filled out my profile now.

Also, I did not mean to ask whether or not it would be waived, but rather if it was waiverable at all. I was under the impression that some things will not be waived no matter what, and I was simply wondering if any Marines here may have enlisted with the same condition as I have. All I need is to know if the possibility exists so that I do not waste the time of the USMC and so that I can fight my hardest for a waiver if it is possible.

Lisa 23
08-28-10, 10:14 PM
What may have been waiverable a few years ago, may not be waiverable today.
With the Marine Corps downsizing, waivers will be hard to come by these days.
The only way you are going to get answers, is to go and see a recruiter face-to-face, don't call. They have more up-to-date info.

tdrt
08-29-10, 11:26 AM
Thank you for the information, I have filled out my profile now.

Also, I did not mean to ask whether or not it would be waived, but rather if it was waiverable at all. I was under the impression that some things will not be waived no matter what, and I was simply wondering if any Marines here may have enlisted with the same condition as I have. All I need is to know if the possibility exists so that I do not waste the time of the USMC and so that I can fight my hardest for a waiver if it is possible.

Just do it. We are not recruiters and can only offer opinions. The recruiter is the only who can give you the straight answer you need and you will not be wasting his time.

Goethe
08-29-10, 02:31 PM
My concern about going now is that since waivers are getting scarce, I most likely would be PDQ'd for eczema even if it was very minor, never flares up, and didn't impact me at all, simply because...

Marine1985
08-30-10, 12:19 AM
Dude, I already gave you an answer on another forum.

If you tell them you have it, you will never serve in the Marine Corps. Simple as that. If its not on an official medical file, and it hasn't flared up bad in a few years you're fine.

Grow a pair of balls and just listen to your recruiter.