PDA

View Full Version : Questions of a Non-citizen aspiring to be a Marine

jamesxaero
08-25-10, 08:02 AM
Greetings Marines. I was wondering if there were any recruiters visiting this site and if there are any please send me a private message. Because Acquiring a Green Card is making my life really complicated. And I was Wondering if there was any way for me to become a Marine other than acquiring a Green Card. I've read all the possible ways of getting one but nothing seems to apply to me not unless I marry a citizen. I was hoping there was another way. Like the Marine Corps could act as my employer to get me a Green Card so I can serve. by the way I'm a Filipino just to let everyone know.

tdrt
08-25-10, 11:41 AM
Please search the site more as this question has been answered many times. Yes, you do need a valid Green Card which requires that you live the US. No other options.

The Marine Corps cannot and will not "act your employer" -- won't ever happen.

Lisa 23
08-25-10, 03:45 PM
jamesxaero, Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.

devilbones
08-25-10, 05:32 PM
jamesxaero, Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.
Where does it actually say this? Only ones that I see for Marines only are under the title 'Marines Only'.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-25-10, 11:42 PM
It's actually not just for "Marines only", but this one belongs in the 'Ask a Marine' section. So moved.

Also, there is a sticky there that explains this green card thing fully.

Citizens of PI used to be able to directly enlist into the Navy, and Marines IIRC. However that has changed, obviously, and you have to go through the process nowadays just like everyone else. There is NO way the military can sponsor you (it's against the law).

jamesxaero
08-28-10, 04:51 AM
I was hoping there was another way. Getting a Green Card would take too long and I'll be over the age limit then. And I'm not really sure if eligible for a Green Card because I read all the possible ways of getting one and nothing really applies to me. Not unless I marry a Citizen. Oh well I'll just try contacting the US Embassy if there is any possibility. Thanks anyways.