PDA

View Full Version : How often in boot will I find myself having to be quiet?

SoonToBe3521
08-24-10, 03:00 PM
I hate having to be still and quiet. I'm not going to be picky if it ends in me becoming a Marine of course, but I'm just wondering how much am I going to have to be standing there or sitting there listening without being able to move or something? I get so antsy :\

DrZ
08-24-10, 03:17 PM
I can promise you that you will get over being antsy quickly. Recruits who do anything other than breathe without permission will learn quickly that is something you don't want to do.

Listen to your DI. Do what she tells you to do. Nothing more... nothing less.

Eyes and ears open, mouth closed, and not moving until directed otherwise.

Backhaus 1103
08-24-10, 03:19 PM
A lot

Tookie22
08-24-10, 03:20 PM
Countless hours. Instills discipline

Supersquishy
08-24-10, 03:45 PM
You won't have time....

slug
08-24-10, 05:22 PM
You need to instill some self discipline into your whiny little btch self.

If you can't do that ricky tick, you're going to have issues.

SoonToBe3521
08-24-10, 06:40 PM
I'm not whining or btching, I'm trying to get a better idea of what it's going to be like. Thus why I said "I'm not going to be picky if it ends in me becoming a Marine of course".

SoonToBe3521
08-24-10, 07:08 PM
I can promise you that you will get over being antsy quickly. Recruits who do anything other than breathe without permission will learn quickly that is something you don't want to do.

Listen to your DI. Do what she tells you to do. Nothing more... nothing less.

Eyes and ears open, mouth closed, and not moving until directed otherwise.

Would it be safe for me to assume that I'll overcome any issue I have with getting nervous and antsy in boot? That'd be nice if I could :\ lol

SlingerDun
08-24-10, 07:14 PM
yes because the consequences are troublesome. after awhile an urge to scratch or fidget will be greatly subdued by the reality of a severe 1/4 deck thrashing, and you will probably treasure calm and stillness above all.

SoonToBe3521
08-24-10, 07:21 PM
That's actually really cool. I hate the fact that I get that way when I have to be quiet or something so the fact that something may actually just kill it for me is incredible lol I would absolutely love to be quarterdecked for that if it meant I'd learn to knock this off and become a good Marine :P I mean obviously I'm going to hate it when it happens but the effect of boot in general on me is going to really help me out. Drives me crazy that I get like that so much.

kaelobo
08-24-10, 07:32 PM
If you go to PI.thinks twice about it, if it was easy everybody would be a marine,....oh don't get caught eye fuoking the area,..................................usmc

thewookie
08-24-10, 07:41 PM
On a scale from 1 - 2, this question is a two.

TunTvrnWarrior
08-24-10, 07:50 PM
Stay focused. Make your goal to study as much knowlege as possible and get as close to a 300 PFT as possible before you ship.

kaelobo
08-24-10, 07:56 PM
HOUSE MOUSE is another way..........................................usmc

Lisa 23
08-24-10, 08:28 PM
I hate having to be still and quiet. I'm not going to be picky if it ends in me becoming a Marine of course, but I'm just wondering how much am I going to have to be standing there or sitting there listening without being able to move or something? I get so antsy :\

Get used to sitting and standing still and being quiet.
You don't want to be that recruit that gets the whole platoon quarterdecked just because you lack some self discipline in sitting and standing still, and being quiet.
Your Drill Instructors will tell you when to speak when spoken to, when to move when told to do so, and a whole lot more.

SoonToBe3521
08-24-10, 08:57 PM
I'm probably just over analyzing myself way too much. I just don't want to fail :\ I've wanted to enlist for way too long to get to being old enough and finding some problem.

DrZ
08-24-10, 09:16 PM
Believe in yourself and keep your eyes on the goal of being a US Marine. Just do what you are told to do and that is it.

You will be fine.

brian0351
08-25-10, 02:35 AM
Two Words...Chest Punch...

You'll be amazed how long you can stand still when the results of not being still are the above.

Backhaus 1103
08-25-10, 05:09 AM
Or chest kick

FattyTheFerret
08-25-10, 08:19 AM
I'm probably just over analyzing myself way too much. I just don't want to fail :\ I've wanted to enlist for way too long to get to being old enough and finding some problem.

Don't worry about failing, the vast majority of people who get to boot camp make it through. It usually takes a serious, unfixable medical problem or someone who seriously wants out so bad that they commit a crime to get off the depot without graduating.

Fidgeting won't be a big deal. I fidget all the time, did during boot camp and still do now. Cost me my share of pushups plenty of times. You learn to control it when you need to.

SoonToBe3521
08-25-10, 09:32 AM
Don't worry about failing, the vast majority of people who get to boot camp make it through. It usually takes a serious, unfixable medical problem or someone who seriously wants out so bad that they commit a crime to get off the depot without graduating.

Fidgeting won't be a big deal. I fidget all the time, did during boot camp and still do now. Cost me my share of pushups plenty of times. You learn to control it when you need to.

I'm glad to hear that, it's funny, after reading a few of these answers I actually went through yesterday without feeling nervous at all. Funny how that works. Thanks for the help everyone :)

MontanaDevilDog
08-29-10, 04:27 PM
Maybe you should quit btching about how your so antsy, and get that dealt with first.

Because you aren't gonna make it in boot camp if you keep worrying about sh*t like that. Maybe you should think long and hard about joining the Corps.

Get some f*cking confidence in yourself first.

tdrt
08-29-10, 04:33 PM
This has to be included in the top ten stupidest questions asked so far.

SGT7477
08-29-10, 07:32 PM
I hate having to be still and quiet. I'm not going to be picky if it ends in me becoming a Marine of course, but I'm just wondering how much am I going to have to be standing there or sitting there listening without being able to move or something? I get so antsy :\ You could be the guest of a blanket party.:D

tdrt
08-29-10, 07:37 PM
You could be the guest of a blanket party.:D

I'd like to give her one right now just for asking that

SGT7477
08-29-10, 07:44 PM
I'd like to give her one right now just for asking that Lol, that would fix things, Semper Fidelis.