PDA

View Full Version : enlistment question

surfnturf1125
08-21-10, 08:25 PM
Hello I have been wanting to be a marine since i can remember and am trying to follow in my grandfathers footsteps now and enlisting. I had been talking to a recruiter for a while and told him about my multiple surgeries all which will require a waiver but shouldnt DQ me. He had me fill out the med form to send in for a waiver but only had me include the surgery that has a scar (leaving out my lasik and a few others) i signed the paper and he sent it in. I do not want to lie on my meps documents I want to go in honest and do this the right way so i want to go to another recruiter and basically start over and tell them i want to submit all my medical documents and not leave anything out. Basically my question is when i do this will the doctors that receive these documents for review see that this new document has more surgeries than the last one i submitted and therefore ban me for technically lying the first time even though i didnt continue on to meps. Like i said before i do not want to lie i have my medical documents for everything up to and including a broken bone.

thank you for taking the time to read this and respond i appreciate any help

-travis

Phantom Blooper
08-21-10, 09:39 PM
Tell the truth.... <br />
<br />
Integrity goes along way as a military skill. <br />
<br />
It is your life and not the recruiters....he already has his. <br />
<br />
Don't mess it up....tell the truth...provide documentation and...

surfnturf1125
08-21-10, 09:45 PM
thanks i already plan on telling the truth my only worry is that my old recruiter did send in the form for the medical waiver that was lacking my other surgeries so when i go to turn in my second waiver with my new recruiter it will have all my surgeries and past medical history and i was concerned they will look at my old one and be like why are they different?

sparkie
08-21-10, 09:48 PM
What part of telling the truth didn't you get?

surfnturf1125
08-21-10, 10:37 PM
i understand that and i am i was just wondering if i will get in trouble since i will basically be admitting to lying on the first form by submitting my second form with all the extra stuff

Wyoming
08-22-10, 08:21 AM
Do what is right.

Don't cover one lie with more lies.

FattyTheFerret
08-22-10, 12:49 PM
You won't get in trouble. If anyone does it'll be the recruiter. The people at MEPS know full the tricks that some recruiters do, it's unlikely they'll blame you for it.

surfnturf1125
08-22-10, 01:33 PM
thank you i was just looking for a bit of relief since i am nervous about submitting my second but i will and be 100% honest on it since i want to go in the right way. Im not about cutting corners