PDA

View Full Version : Promotion question as a reservist

Armorer87
08-11-10, 10:25 PM
I will be enlisted as a PFC because of some referrels my question is how long does it take for advancements as a reservist vs active duty is it longer I heard it takes around 6 months for lcpl and around 9 more to be cpl is this true just curious thanks or the help

FattyTheFerret
08-11-10, 11:16 PM
Time in grade/time in service requirements for promotion to PFC and LCpl are the same as active duty.

Promotion to Cpl requires the same competition via composite score but in the reserves it's more likely to be quarterly instead of monthly and your cutting scores are against other reservists, not active duty.

Armorer87
08-12-10, 07:52 AM
Ok thanks alot for the info

martinj
08-12-10, 08:16 AM
well since you will be a part time american, it will take you that much longer to get promoted, well at least thats how it should be...

FattyTheFerret
08-12-10, 11:14 AM
well since you will be a part time american, it will take you that much longer to get promoted, well at least thats how it should be...

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/_one_finger_salute.jpeg.jpg

crazymjb
08-12-10, 04:17 PM
After lance it really depends on the Unit/MOS. Generally speaking reservists seem to promote much slower than active duty. Some units seem to promote more Marines meritoriously, while others seem to love lances.

Mike

Armorer87
08-12-10, 04:57 PM
Thanks alot guys thank u for your service