PDA

View Full Version : Need some Prayers here Poolees

EagerMarine
07-01-10, 12:25 PM
Hello Poolees.

I was just kicked out of my house with six months till my December ship date. My dad was pushing me and shoving me, but I didn't hit back. Nothing to risk my enlistment. He then ripped some wires and an ignition coil from my car so now I'm without a car and a job in a neighboring town so I'm trying to figure out everything before I leave.

He told me he is disowning me. This all stemmed from him thinking I was laughing at him via text message, its pretty messed up but hey, I will survive, and its good to be out of his zone. He's an ass.

All i'm asking is for some Prayers from fellow Poolees and Marines. I need all the help I can to get by till December.

God bless y'all.

Yonkers
07-01-10, 12:34 PM
Very good to resist the urge to hit back, I have a similar situation with my father.
While I am not religious whatsoever, I can offer some advice.
Call your recruiter and explain the entire situation, if he says that it will not risk your enlistment, call the police, tell them the entire situation, from what you have said you are not at fault here. Best thing for you to do right now is to stay calm and not make any rash decisions.

megs
07-01-10, 01:27 PM
I'd advise you to distance yourself from this situation as far as you possibly can. By doing so, you distance yourself from the drama you might endure with it, thus jeopordizing your mental health or status in boot camp. Be smart, be calm and just focus on your goals, not in spite of your father but simply because you want to do it for you.

sbshane
07-04-10, 10:48 PM
somthing tells me there is alot more to this story...

berts78
07-30-10, 06:08 PM
wow Mitch, I understand what you mean. I just recently moved back home with my dad and sister he yells calls me names and trys to start stuff just the other day he tried knockin me down and i aint up for that so i tried to get away and he wouldnt let me so i talkled him but couldnt hit him didnt want to risk anything like you said. Hes threatened to kick me out many times hes a control freak and thinks hes "alpha dog" he said to me you think your big and bad bcuz ur joining the Marine Corps dont ya. So all I can say to ya is keep moving forward, and I will deff pray for ya Jesus and I are pretty tight lol. Keep your head up. God Bless.

Yonkers
07-30-10, 07:57 PM
wow Mitch, I understand what you mean. I just recently moved back home with my dad and sister he yells calls me names and trys to start stuff just the other day he tried knockin me down and i aint up for that so i tried to get away and he wouldnt let me so i talkled him but couldnt hit him didnt want to risk anything like you said. Hes threatened to kick me out many times hes a control freak and thinks hes "alpha dog" he said to me you think your big and bad bcuz ur joining the Marine Corps dont ya. So all I can say to ya is keep moving forward, and I will deff pray for ya Jesus and I are pretty tight lol. Keep your head up. God Bless.

With that IST, you can most likely back up that you're "big and bad" :D

Steve018
07-30-10, 08:01 PM
With that IST, you can most likely back up that you're "big and bad" :D

Lol, seriously.

Anyway, I'll definitely be keeping you in my prayers. Like somebody else posted, call your recruiter asap. Hope everything works out.

EagerMarine
07-30-10, 11:38 PM
thank you all so much
This last month or so has been hard, but i've made it through.
I found the title to the car with my name on it so I have it back along with my own insurance so it is officially in my name so I can make it to work and all that good stuff.
I'm also patching things up with the rest of the family but my dad remains an ass.
I'm staying with friends, making it to PT almost every day, swimming miles on my off days and really am in the best shape of my life after leaving the house and losing the added stress.
Thanks again to you all, hopefully, my dad and i soothe things out before I leave.:thumbup:

Yonkers
07-31-10, 12:46 AM
thank you all so much
This last month or so has been hard, but i've made it through.
I found the title to the car with my name on it so I have it back along with my own insurance so it is officially in my name so I can make it to work and all that good stuff.
I'm also patching things up with the rest of the family but my dad remains an ass.
I'm staying with friends, making it to PT almost every day, swimming miles on my off days and really am in the best shape of my life after leaving the house and losing the added stress.
Thanks again to you all, hopefully, my dad and i soothe things out before I leave.:thumbup:

Some people never change. After awhile it's best to just stop giving them chances.. I don't think me and my dad will ever make up.

Very good job getting your life back on track.

DevilDogsSon269
07-31-10, 04:38 AM
Word from the wise and experienced..... to all poolees. Dont fight your family. Sure they can be complete ***holes but you may look back and regret leaving. Dont fight them physically, from experience with my stepdad and real dad... all it does is make it worse. Calling the police on your father or any family member unless they threaten you or someone else's life or well being is EXTREMELY inappropriate. Best advice is take the yelling... say ok or better yet apologize, and do better next time.

In this case I'd say regardless of what you did or didnt do... apologize. It will get you further than an argument. sure you didnt do it or whatever, do you think a DI or your NCO or CO will give a **** what you did or didn't do when your actually in the Marines.... you cant argue with them. Best suggestion is try and talk to your dad. Apologize and be the bigger man. It will show that you joining the Marines is making you a man, and it will show that your not a child and have matured. A little respect goes a long way. I had to learn it the hard way with a Gunny for a dad. I'm praying for ya. Think in the mean time what YOU can do to start a fix and mending of relationship.

PooleeX
07-31-10, 11:14 AM
Did you ask your recruiter if you could ship early?

berts78
07-31-10, 12:06 PM
Thanxs but im not big and bad lol im just getting there still have alot of work to do.

Mitch glad your doing ok if you need our help we are always here brao.

Dillon
07-31-10, 04:16 PM
Damn dude, sorry to hear that, I ain't got no prayers, and I ain't got no god....

I do have music though...

Ly-o-lay-ale-loya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMNMWZM1Jp8)

Yeha Noha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnqIGFyry4&feature=related)

I also got philosophy!

For the mindful one, there is always good ;
For the mindful one, happiness increases;
For the mindful one, things go better,
Yet he is not freed from enemies.
But he who both day and night,
Takes delight in harmlessness,
Sharing love with all that lives,
He finds enmity with none...

Blake T
07-31-10, 06:30 PM
Man I totally feel you. I used to get into it with my Step-Dad all the time. Look I definitely got you in my prayers. Like Bert said. Jesus and I are besties. But just stay positive. You got amazing restraint and I think you'll excell in Boot Camp because of it. God Bless

EagerMarine
08-04-10, 01:47 PM
Thank you all poolees.

I have tried to be the bigger man and apologize, we hung out for about an hour before he returned to his old self so currently idk. After boot, things will be different, I know they will. He'll start to see that I can accomplish my goals and then hopefully, we can try to patch things up.

DevilDogsSon269
08-04-10, 02:01 PM
Best of luck to ya ERecruit.

Nate2004
08-05-10, 04:05 AM
FYI in most States, parents cannot legally kick you out. If it is your residence, they have to give you an eviction notice, and time to leave. They might think they rule the house, but the law rules them. My Dad tried to kick out my brother and his fatty gf recently and was told he had to give them 2 weeks notice before the cops would even look into the matter.

DevilDogsSon269
08-05-10, 08:33 PM
That depends on age my friend. If under 21 and still in school that law reigns. If 18 or older and not in school and this is all states they legally have no obligation to keep you there. If you pay rent they have to give notice. In some state YOU can choose at 16 to be emancipated but, most judges in only extreme situations will emancipate you. At 18 years old and this is federally you are automatically emancipated.

Nate2004
08-05-10, 08:38 PM
Dont even have to pay rent, my brother is 25, no rent, and when my father told the cops this, they still said he didn't have the power to kick them out without notice, unless they were being violent and such.

Good Squire
08-05-10, 11:51 PM
EagerRecruit, my prayers are with you. If you need any encouragement or motivation PM me.

DevilDogsSon269
08-06-10, 01:57 AM
Dont even have to pay rent, my brother is 25, no rent, and when my father told the cops this, they still said he didn't have the power to kick them out without notice, unless they were being violent and such.

Thats quite surprising. Perhaps it was the preference of the officer to keep from having to file a report or make trouble with in a family. My question and I mean absolutely no offense by it, Why at 25 years old is he still living at home?

Nate2004
08-06-10, 08:31 AM
Leach, and my parents are pretty nice. if for some reason you want to know more PM :P lol...otherwise I hope you get everything settled and ship to bootcamp just fine EagerRecruit.

DevilDogsSon269
08-06-10, 03:27 PM
I am sure they are, just rather confused or ignorant to what the situation at your home is.

EagerMarine
11-21-10, 07:07 AM
Thank you all so much for getting me through that hard time back in the early days of summer. I'm now 2 weeks out from my first day of bootcamp and I couldn't be happier.

God bless poolees.