PDA

View Full Version : How many go to DEP workouts?

Time Bandit
06-24-10, 12:58 AM
Just curious to see how many other poolee's go to the DEP workouts at the recruiter station or if they even have them. I try to go as much as I can but my schedule restricts me to 1-2 times a week. Out of 35 poolee's we only have about 5 regulars which seemed a little low to me.

JP702
06-24-10, 01:47 AM
My RSS has PT every Monday and Thursday, and I go every time. We have several dedicated regulars, but a lot of poolees are shipping out within the next few months.

cmiller91
06-24-10, 01:51 AM
I go Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 6 am. Apart of our workout, we bicycle to the office then workout.

Then on Thursday we workout at 4pm.

Then once a month there is a poolee function on SAturdays. So I go quite a bit.

the802
06-24-10, 09:27 AM
Every Tuesday and first Saturday of the month for us here in Vermont, out of 30 or so poolee's, about 20-25 of them(including me) go everytime.

Zumbii
06-24-10, 10:27 AM
Mondays and Wednesdays for RSS Lakewood.
Maybe 10 regulars... I go as much as I can. If I miss a day I'll PT myself at home.

jburke1983
06-24-10, 02:34 PM
I've been to two in the last 3 months. I work out quite a bit on my own, though. My recruiter just makes me call him once a week so he can make sure I'm not dead or in jail.

wilsontc11
06-24-10, 02:44 PM
I've been to two in the last 3 months. I work out quite a bit on my own, though. My recruiter just makes me call him once a week so he can make sure I'm not dead or in jail.Yeah, thats pretty much how mine is.

Speaking of workouts, does anyone have any run workouts they have that have significantly reduced their run time? I've gotta get below 12:00 by my next IST

the802
06-24-10, 04:16 PM
Yeah, thats pretty much how mine is.

Speaking of workouts, does anyone have any run workouts they have that have significantly reduced their run time? I've gotta get below 12:00 by my next IST

The only want to improve your run speed is simply by running...do hill sprints until your legs dont work, and just run run run all the time

Zumbii
06-24-10, 06:48 PM
Yeah, thats pretty much how mine is.

Start by running a mile as fast as you can on day 1.
Day 2. run a 1.5 but at decent pace
day 3. Rest your legs, workout another part of your body
day 4. Run the 1 mile again and shoot for a better time than before.

Keep increasing distances and going for lower times.
That's what I did to start off

Yonkers
06-24-10, 07:58 PM
Every month.. I do my own PT everyday so I don't really need to go to the bi-weekly ones that some of the fatbodies go to. Sall good :D

DevilDogsSon269
06-24-10, 10:07 PM
Dude use the search bar I posted almost the exact same post.....

Time Bandit
06-24-10, 10:46 PM
Dude use the search bar I posted almost the exact same post.....
That's strange I did search it but didn't see anything remotely the same, but maybe I overlooked it.
But here in Southeast MI we go from 4-6pm Mon-Fri. That's probably why so many people skip out most days. I guess that's less of a chance for someone to screw up and have to do more burpees haha.

the802
06-25-10, 09:13 AM
Take it easy WMarine

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jburke1983
06-25-10, 10:59 AM
Take it easy WMarine

This is by far the funniest thing I have ever read on leatherneck. Devildogsson269, you have officially been Zumbii'd.

the802
06-25-10, 12:20 PM
That jburke is still around? Havent seen ya in a while man.

jburke1983
06-25-10, 12:38 PM
That jburke faggot is still around? Havent seen ya in a while man.

If we run into each other someday when we both hit fleet the "faggot" comment is why your nose will be hurting so damn much... just thought I'd give you a preemptive explaination.

But anyways, yeah I disappeared for a bit. I leave for MCRD San Diego in like a month though so I'm pretty sure it's the nervousness that brought me back. I'm glad I did because the smart-ass comment from Zumbii cracked me up.

Zumbii
06-25-10, 05:46 PM
If we run into each other someday when we both hit fleet the "faggot" comment is why your nose will be hurting so damn much... just thought I'd give you a preemptive explaination.

But anyways, yeah I disappeared for a bit. I leave for MCRD San Diego in like a month though so I'm pretty sure it's the nervousness that brought me back. I'm glad I did because the smart-ass comment from Zumbii cracked me up.

Lol, well I am glad I could contribute to your welcoming back.
Burke, when you graduate bootcamp, you better hit me up and I'll come down and we will party. I live like 30 minutes from Pendleton.

So apparently my RSS was taking us down to MCRD SD today to watch a graduation... but we found out when we got there that the grad got postponed. SOOO we toured the whole facility. Saw some recruits finish at the rappel tour, then march back to the barracks. Saw the yellow foot prints that we will all be standing on in the near future. Checked out the Marine Corps History Museum and that was neato.
Lol

Mledford
06-25-10, 10:57 PM
This is by far the funniest thing I have ever read on leatherneck. Devildogsson269, you have officially been Zumbii'd.Agreed! Ha!

DevilDogsSon269
06-25-10, 11:45 PM
Take it easy WMarine

you need to learn some respect poolee. I dont think I'd like to serve next to someone as disrespectful as you... learn your place she is above you and that was disrespectful.

Mledford
06-25-10, 11:57 PM
you need to learn some respect poolee. I dont think I'd like to serve next to someone as disrespectful as you... learn your place she is above you and that was disrespectful.Hey, chill, it was just a joke. Don't take it seriously.

Zumbii
06-26-10, 08:21 AM
you need to learn some respect poolee. I dont think I'd like to serve next to someone as disrespectful as you... learn your place she is above you and that was disrespectful.

I respect her, just as I respect every other Marine.
I was poking fun at you for being too serious and bashing another poolee for asking a question, and a pretty good question. I think you need to simmer down a bit bud. We are all having fun here.
Thanks
-Poolee Buchanan

jburke1983
06-26-10, 12:46 PM

Fortunately for the rest of us you are in no position to decide whom you will serve with. You are the one that needs to learn your place. There are moderators that will not hesitate to put someone in place if they feel that person is out of line. It is their job to keep this place squared away and they do a good job at it.

Chill out and learn to take sh*t in stride or the stress of Recruit Training is going to eat you alive.

Zumbii
06-26-10, 08:19 PM
learn to take sh*t in stride or the stress of Recruit Training is going to eat you alive.

Mledford
06-27-10, 02:21 AM
Fortunately for the rest of us you are in no position to decide whom you will serve with. You are the one that needs to learn your place. There are moderators that will not hesitate to put someone in place if they feel that person is out of line. It is their job to keep this place squared away and they do a good job at it.

Chill out and learn to take sh*t in stride or the stress of Recruit Training is going to eat you alive.Yup, what he said. :banana:

DevilDogsSon269
06-27-10, 03:39 AM

Chill out and learn to take sh*t in stride or the stress of Recruit Training is going to eat you alive.

unlike most of you I know my place. Ive grown up completely around the Marines. I know moderators are on here. Point is he could have used a less derogative term than mocking WMarine.

Mledford
06-27-10, 11:12 AM
unlike most of you I know my place. Ive grown up completely around the Marines. I know moderators are on here. Point is he could have used a less derogative term than mocking WMarine.:no:

jburke1983
06-27-10, 11:19 AM
unlike most of you I know my place. Ive grown up completely around the Marines. I know moderators are on here. Point is he could have used a less derogative term than mocking WMarine.

I don't understand what "growing up completely around Marines" has to do with anything. Yeah, we can tell from your screen name your father is a Marine. Awesome. If I ever met him I would thank him for his service and call him "sir". YOU, however, haven't done sh*t. The point I was trying to make before is that the day-to-day operations of this website are none of your concern. You seriously need to learn to chill out. The Poolee hall is the only place we are allowed some leeway and leniency to act like the idiots we are. Get over it.

I'm done with this argument now. If I wanted to fight with other Poolee's I would show up to a Poole Function wearing a "Go Army" t-shirt.

wilsontc11
06-27-10, 11:26 AM
unlike most of you I know my place. Ive grown up completely around the Marines. I know moderators are on here. Point is he could have used a less derogative term than mocking WMarine.It was a joke. Whether you find that insulting or not doesn't mean it wasn't a joke. I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I know that myself and im sure a lot of other poolees respect WMarine for her service.

that on top of the fact that this is the internet... if you can't take a joke on here, I don't know what to say

WAR-Machine
06-27-10, 04:41 PM
Back to topic.
My RSS has workouts monday,wednesday, thursday at 0700 and poole functions once a month. The recruiters allow poolees to workout every day if they choose, with the recruiters. So, I go every morning and lift weights every weekday in the evening.

the802
06-27-10, 04:46 PM
Stop arguing like little kids.

jburke, keep in touch man...if you would like, write me letters, I'll keep everyone on this site up to date with you 'n' ****

Zumbii
06-27-10, 04:47 PM

Get over yourself man.
Take the stick out of your butt and lighten up for christ sake

stop being this guy >>>> :mad:

and turn into this guy >>> :D
:banana:

jburke1983
06-27-10, 05:11 PM
Stop arguing like little kids.

jburke, keep in touch man...if you would like, write me letters, I'll keep everyone on this site up to date with you 'n' ****

Cool. PM your address before I take off. The first time I get a letter from you that smells even remotely like perfume you're cut off, though.

I don't even remember what this thread was originally about anymore.

TheNewYorker
06-30-10, 09:21 PM
Just curious to see how many other poolee's go to the DEP workouts at the recruiter station or if they even have them. I try to go as much as I can but my schedule restricts me to 1-2 times a week. Out of 35 poolee's we only have about 5 regulars which seemed a little low to me.
:idea:
Maybe I can salvage this thread..

We have regular PT Tuesday & Thursday at 1700, and remedial PT at 1000 Mon-Fri.

We focus on different parts of the body every time we PT, mixing it up with Pullups, a Deck of cards session where each card means a diff workout with a number value, long runs, sprints, bleacher laps. And of course we always check how far we've come with the IST.

Personally when I first became a Poolee I hated PT, I hated the IST, but after giving it all my effort all I do now is look foward to PT, and I cant wait for the IST events so this way I can see how much I've improved, and also it gives me a way to judge myself so I can figure out what else I need to do to better improve my scores.

Poolee24
07-01-10, 08:29 AM
We don't PT at all. We just show up once a month and call to check in on mondays! Thats probable why most of the kids that don't do well with the IST. Don't seem to be improving. Nothing there to help push them.. I'm used to getting up at 4 a.m everyday, work out, and go for a run. Did that all through high school. So, it's not a big deal to me! but it would would be nice..

Time Bandit
07-01-10, 09:22 AM
:idea:

We focus on different parts of the body every time we PT, mixing it up with Pullups, a Deck of cards session where each card means a diff workout with a number value, long runs, sprints, bleacher laps. And of course we always check how far we've come with the IST.

Yea we do the same thing. Jokers are always 10 of each.

megs
07-01-10, 01:54 PM
We do pt 4 times a week. M W F and Sat. 2 hours MWF and sometimes 3 on Sat if we're lucky ;)

I love the PT we do. My body hates it, but I always come back for more. My recruiter makes sure to make me utterly guilty if I miss a PT session. I'm one of 4 regulars in my area that actually shows up to PT. I feel I owe it to my recruiter(s) for his/their hard work getting me the ship date and job I wanted.

We usually do pushups, pullups, situps MWF and a combat fitness course on Sat but my recruiter does a great job of mixing things up a bit. A LOT of cross training is involved and my overall fitness level has drastically improved in only a month of attending pool functions. :thumbup:

devilpup93
07-05-10, 07:37 PM
i'm required to go every monday and every third saturday

Rough Hands
07-05-10, 11:52 PM
I'm supposed to contact my Recruiter every Monday, then show up for DEP functions on Thursdays, but this will be my first Thursday working out with the poolees at my RSS since I just took my oath on the morning of the 1st. I'm excited, but I'm also going to be the only female.

Let's see how this plays out. :cool:

Time Bandit
07-06-10, 12:20 AM
I'm not surprised there's not one female in all 40 some of us males lol. I too feel like I owe it to the recruiters and to my country to go as much as I can. I offered to quit my job so I could show up more but the recruiters actually told me to keep working. I was kind of bummed, I was pumped to PT more lol.

VoodooGypsy
07-06-10, 10:32 PM
We have mandatory PT every Thursday with one Saturday a month.
I'm in Alaska so you can imagine we're a pretty small group. I still don't know how many Poolees we have, but every time I've gone there has only been 3-5 of us. Last time I went there was only 3, a couple shipped out.

I've been missing quite a few lately due to working on the house and then spending time with my father. I workout on my own pretty well, but cardio/running is the hardest for me to motivate myself to do.

Rough Hands
07-07-10, 12:19 AM
We have mandatory PT every Thursday with one Saturday a month.
I'm in Alaska so you can imagine we're a pretty small group. I still don't know how many Poolees we have, but every time I've gone there has only been 3-5 of us. Last time I went there was only 3, a couple shipped out.

I've been missing quite a few lately due to working on the house and then spending time with my father. I workout on my own pretty well, but cardio/running is the hardest for me to motivate myself to do.

Small world! I didn't think any other poolees from Alaska even knew about this forum. I guess I'll see you on Thursday!

32JJW0311
07-12-10, 11:53 AM
We have PT every Thursday at 17:30 and every 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Saturday of the month is a Poolee Function that is mandatory at 08:00. If you don’t show up you can be discharged without a good excuse. I...

Time Bandit
07-13-10, 12:38 AM
Had a poolee function this past Saturday, had a couple guys throw up and pass out. Just glad I made it through without puking being my first function. We PT'd, carried guys on our shoulders back and forth and stuff like that then played football and hung out for a few hours, all in all a good day. Next month we're headed to an air base to shoot some guns, its gonna be awesome.

wilsontc11
07-13-10, 03:00 AM
Had a poolee function this past Saturday, had a couple guys throw up and pass out. Just glad I made it through without puking being my first function. We PT'd, carried guys on our shoulders back and forth and stuff like that then played football and hung out for a few hours, all in all a good day. Next month we're headed to an air base to shoot some guns, its gonna be awesome.Pass out....? what the **** were you guys doing? lol. i've seen people throw up but never pass out

TheNewYorker
07-13-10, 04:38 AM
Pass out....? what the **** were you guys doing? lol. i've seen people throw up but never pass out

I assume they passed out due to heat exhaustion. ? HYDRATE!

Time Bandit
07-13-10, 07:05 PM
We were all given unlimited water and breaks to drink but it was about 86 degrees out. It honestly didn't feel that hot but maybe some of the poolees were just not drinking. PT was rough but they weren't killing us. Probably heat exhaustion like you said.

TheNewYorker
07-13-10, 11:12 PM
You be surprised how many people dont know how to properly hydrate. It can be the difference between passing or failing the IST, being hydrated gives you that endurance, that push you need to push yourself (at least it does for me). Eating greasy foods, or anything heavy with dairy will def de-hydrate you and weaken your strength/endurance.

Some people hate drinking water, so a Low calorie substitue like gatorade or propel would be fine, stay away from vitamin water, its garbage.

IowaBoy171
07-18-10, 04:23 PM
We got about 5 regulars as well who come to our pt in the morning. I was going everyday for the last 2 months but cut it back to 3 times a week now because I had to drive 50 min every morning to get there and that got a little pricey. Def helps out a lot though.

Time Bandit
07-18-10, 05:12 PM
We got about 5 regulars as well who come to our pt in the morning. I was going everyday for the last 2 months but cut it back to 3 times a week now because I had to drive 50 min every morning to get there and that got a little pricey. Def helps out a lot though.

Same here I have about a 30 minute drive give or take a few minutes if I'm driving the bike or not :D because my v8 grand marquis sucks the gas.

Rough Hands
07-18-10, 06:50 PM
On Thursday I was the only poolee who showed up for our weekly workout, and so my recruiter and I ended up doing the MARSOC Workout and Ab Ripper X (from P90X) right after. One guy showed up in the middle of the MARSOC Workout, but that was it.

I'm still sore but it's good stuff. There's a 10-week program for it, and I'm gonna try to finish it before I ship to boot camp. If anybody is interested, I will post it in a new thread.

IowaBoy171
07-18-10, 08:52 PM
On Thursday I was the only poolee who showed up for our weekly workout, and so my recruiter and I ended up doing the MARSOC Workout and Ab Ripper X (from P90X) right after. One guy showed up in the middle of the MARSOC Workout, but that was it.

I'm still sore but it's good stuff. There's a 10-week program for it, and I'm gonna try to finish it before I ship to boot camp. If anybody is interested, I will post it in a new thread.

I'm def interested in that man post it and I'll try it out.

Time Bandit
07-18-10, 09:34 PM

P90X is damn good, the only problem I have with it is that it gets real boring doing it by yourself. I'd rather go to the gym or DEP PT.

btw
Rough Hands happens to be a lady poolee in case you didn't know:D

Zumbii
07-19-10, 09:27 AM

samsies brah

ADRobold
07-20-10, 02:10 PM
Just a comment for those of you who work out on your own INSTEAD of going to Poolee functions.. it is great to train yourself but keep in mind the DEP trainings are also to increase your ability to work as a team and learn leadership traits. It is great to be able to run 6 miles no sweat but it will SUCK when you get to boot camp and realize for the first time that you will run until the last man finishes. Its all about working as a team. So for the good of you and the recruits next to you at boot camp, try to attend atleast a few DEP trainings a month.

DEPPooleGuide
07-22-10, 08:16 AM
At my R.S.S. we only have PT on Thursday. We do our IST on one Saturday a month. That part varies. I attend each and every time. We have around maybe 20 people that attend each time. I also train by myself every day.

Monsturr
07-22-10, 10:41 AM
My RS used to only have 2 sessions a week, however through my personal organization and encouragement along with a few other dedicated pooles, I was able to extend it to five days a week.

I have not gone to boot camp obviously so i dont know for sure, but i think it has realy helped improve me physicaly and a little bit mentaly too.

When i first joined the depp i was only able to do 3 pull ups, 80 crunches, and run 3 miles in 27:45. now roughly 3 months later i am up to 9 pull ups, 135 crunches, and 3 miles in 20:00.

so yes GO TO PT!

BassPro0007
07-29-10, 12:54 PM
We were all given unlimited water and breaks to drink but it was about 86 degrees out. It honestly didn't feel that hot but maybe some of the poolees were just not drinking. PT was rough but they weren't killing us. Probably heat exhaustion like you said.

lol 86 degrees. I live in Georgia and we pt in 100 degree weather. Not downing your S*** it was just funny to read

Steve018
07-29-10, 09:59 PM

We did that once, the MARSOC with a finish of Ab Ripper x. Good ****! Anyway, we do ours every wednesday. Our small RS has to merge with another though since ours is new.

PARKER93
08-06-10, 04:46 PM
We have a dedicated few that come to the workouts that we have twice a day. And around 20 that come every thursday. We were doing a workout from a guy whos going to OCS soon, but we just started Stew Smith's Recon workout.

BTRoorah
08-06-10, 06:06 PM
We PT twice a day, Monday-Thursday. Once in the morning and the other at 5 in the afternoon. We have poolee functions once a month. We usually have around 8 poolees at PT but not always. Im at RSS Gulfport, MS.

BTRoorah
08-06-10, 06:08 PM
lol 86 degrees. I live in Georgia and we pt in 100 degree weather. Not downing your S*** it was just funny to read

Lol yeah same here man, im in South MS on the Gulf Coast and we PT in 100 degree, 100% humidity, 120 heat index weather everyday lol not downing anyone here either just also thought it was funny.

felix319
08-06-10, 09:03 PM
We have them a few times a week. But I go to the Saturday one. It's more convenient to me.

MB52
08-09-10, 10:40 AM
My RSS has PT Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 330pm, but i usually can't make those because of work. Every Saturday we have Poole functions and I'm able to make it to those.

Kiri
08-09-10, 10:52 AM
I have my first PT tomorrow, so I'll get back to you on that. Oh, that reminds me, I have to call my recruiter.

AP577
08-09-10, 09:09 PM
Every Wednesday, We PT

Typically 105-110 Degree Weather here in Arizona, No breeze, No nothing

My RSS one the annual All hands Pool Function

It was a competition between all the RSS in the state, consisted of a
IST
CFT
Tug of war tournament
Also had 3 Drill Instructors there to IT us, pretty cool experience

DevilDogsSon269
08-09-10, 11:29 PM
Tallahassee- 90+ degrees. Full humidity year round(who the hell builds a state capital in the middle of the swamp and then not cut down trees?) trees hold the humidity. Bugs, 110+ heat index, No breeze. God I love North Florida PT!

C Wiemers
08-10-10, 10:29 PM
RSS North Vegas has PT every day, though not everyone shows up everyday, that is usually Thursdays that everyone shows up, at around 1700.

DevilDogsSon269
08-11-10, 12:06 AM
we PT 5 days a week. Every other Saturday. Pool functions every 1st saturday of the month. Our recruiters PT us with a passing and possibly competitive PFT score in mind when we ship. Also, and this is optional some of the poolees got the recruiters to have a swim day once a month as well. We go to the big gym in town and we work out there and we do swim competitions and PT.

Tmac73
08-11-10, 09:17 AM
I have football all week and lifting all week. Poolee functions every other saturday

ScarSniper
08-11-10, 09:27 AM
The only want to improve your run speed is simply by running...do hill sprints until your legs dont work, and just run run run all the time

Yeah man, hill sprints are what it is. That's what I do... I run 4 miles, then after about 5 minutes of rest I run another four miles (slower)...I went down from 11:13 to 9:50....hill sprints and indian runs are the best way to increase speed.

ScarSniper
08-11-10, 09:39 AM
I don't understand what "growing up completely around Marines" has to do with anything. Yeah, we can tell from your screen name your father is a Marine. Awesome. If I ever met him I would thank him for his service and call him "sir". YOU, however, haven't done sh*t. The point I was trying to make before is that the day-to-day operations of this website are none of your concern. You seriously need to learn to chill out. The Poolee hall is the only place we are allowed some leeway and leniency to act like the idiots we are. Get over it.

I'm done with this argument now. If I wanted to fight with other Poolee's I would show up to a Poole Function wearing a "Go Army" t-shirt.

I wish I'd have read this post before. Yesterday, I was in the Chatroom and this former WMarine really chewed me out because of my name...Scarsniper... It's a F*cK*ng NAME...It's not like I'm not parolling around town with a shirt that says "FORMER SCOUT SNIPER, FORCE RECON, AND NAVY SEAL...ALL AT THE SAME TIME! KILLED 18 MEN WITH THE SAME BULLET TWICE!" I wanted to rag on her so badly it hurt...but I TRIED to hold my composure, taking into consideration the fact that I'll deal with a lot of that at bootcamp, but holy hell she was really annoying..then on top of that everytime I said anything back in my defense..I was being "disrespectful" ..I don't want to disrespect Marines..I have nothing but the utmost respect...but yeah, this IS the only place we can act like Jacka*ses without too many consequences...I should've just ragged on her ass...especially after talking all this crap about respect, and then being a hypocrite and saying, and I quote, "did your recruiter tell you you are a douche? and he is too?" My "douche" recruiter is a gunnery Sergeant who's been in the Corps longer then my little sister has been ALIVE..for someone so intent on respect, she demonstrated none.

Steve018
08-11-10, 08:15 PM
I have my first PT tomorrow, so I'll get back to you on that. Oh, that reminds me, I have to call my recruiter.

Hoped you enjoyed it. Tell us how much it hurt!

DevilDogsSon269
08-11-10, 09:40 PM
Not to say much but, she didnt serve long enough to be disrespectful to a Gunny. Second, report her. She thinks because she is a Marine the world owes her respect. It doesnt work that way. You are a...

Nate2004
08-12-10, 04:24 AM
Take it to PMs if you guys want to talk ****, this is about DEP workouts, not about your little problems with the people on this forum board.

DevilDogsSon269
08-12-10, 03:04 PM
Who is saying were talking ****.... you are the one getting at people like your in charge.... If Im not mistaken he quoted something off this forum and responded.... I responded to his response......

Rough Hands
08-12-10, 09:21 PM
No need to derail the thread and get mad, guys. If you have beef though, it's best not to be left out in a forum that is still readable by the Marines who frequent it and you may come off as...

DevilDogsSon269
08-13-10, 01:34 AM
I have no beef just dont appreciate ignorance and disrespect from an equal. I apologize for whatever has been said. I do agree with you, stones are better unturned here...

WAR-Machine
08-16-10, 08:53 PM
let's get back on topic.

Now, we do PT monday/wednesday/thursday at 1700 and tuesday/friday at 0530.

Today we had an awesome workout. I made it up.

The McCort(my last name)

20-15-10-5 reps of
pullups
50lbs or 30lbs ammo can deadlifts
50lbs or 30lbs ammo can thrusters(front squat transitions into a shoulder press)
30lbs kettlebell swings
1 lap around the shopping center(.75 miles)

50 reps of each exercise and 3 miles of running. everyone hated me for it, but then turned around and thanked me.

Tmac73
08-16-10, 10:17 PM
let's get back on topic.

Now, we do PT monday/wednesday/thursday at 1700 and tuesday/friday at 0530.

Today we had an awesome workout. I made it up.

The McCort(my last name)

20-15-10-5 reps of
pullups
50lbs or 30lbs ammo can deadlifts
50lbs or 30lbs ammo can thrusters(front squat transitions into a shoulder press)
30lbs kettlebell swings
1 lap around the shopping center(.75 miles)

50 reps of each exercise and 3 miles of running. everyone hated me for it, but then turned around and thanked me.

piece of cake

WAR-Machine
08-16-10, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't say that until you try it. We have football players who were slower than me. plus there was a 110 degree heat index this afternoon. it was brutal.

Tmac73
08-16-10, 10:29 PM
i would have loved that! Challenges keep me from dying of bordem....I hate doing things I know i can accomplish..work out wise

WAR-Machine
08-16-10, 10:36 PM
Heck yeah! We do different workouts every day. No day is ever the same as the last. I got 40:03. the best time was 39:04. I love this stuff. We have had 10 poolees go to recruit training in the past 2 months and 8 of them have mailed home saying these workouts were harder than the ones in boot camp.